Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Toot.

For those that know Matt and I, they know and have met (or seen) our litter of cats at home. Yes, we have three cats. No, we don’t plan on getting rid of any. Yes, if you aren’t Matt, Nike probably won’t like you. No, TonyDanza doesn’t care who you are, he will love you no matter what. Yes, Lola is loud. But what many people don’t know is there have been many cats in my life. We like the cats easier than the dogs because we can leave them when we go during the weekend and we have some pretty fabulous people in our lives that have been willing to take care of them. Before there was a Nike and a Lola, and even a TonyDanza, there was a Toot.

I acquired Toot in college while working at the Grand Dakota Inn at Primo’s Restaurant. He’d moved in on a family and their cat was beating him up. I said I’d take him. We had some good times together, including my 21st birthday, where I sang him and myself “Happy Birthday” because I was the oldest of my group to turn 21 and no one could go out to the bar with me. He got his name because when I would work long days and he would get bored or hungry and dump over the trash can and eat the garbage. I would come home and clean it up and then later he would fart. Hence his name.

Toot came to live with my parents when I moved into a petfree apartment. The girl I was living with wouldn’t take the chance on getting evicted over my black cat. I didn’t expect to relinquish ownership forever but due to circumstances on everybody’s end, Toot found himself a indoor farm cat living with a long haired Chihuahua. He’s had some interesting things happen. He has asthma and lost his front teeth and has a broken meow and a personality all of his own.
 
After spending some one on one time with him this past weekend, I think I may have named him too soon. He reminded me very much of one of the leads on “How To Train Your Dragon”.
Toothless
ALR: (Gets up from chair)
Toot immediately sits in chair.
ALR: Toot! I was sitting there.
DMM: You can share but don't talk to her. Won't leave you alone.
ALR: (Kicks Toot off chair)
Toot: (Sits on stool beside and reaches over to tap me on the shoulder)
DMM: Don't talk to her, avoid eye contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment