Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Somethin Bout the Way

Another weekend gone and still waiting on Spring to show up. We’ve had some signs: the melting snow, the influx of robins, the occasional mindless display of tank tops and flip flops, but it’s really flash in the pan material. I’m ready for the heretostay spring stuff. I’m ready to go buy flowers and start trying to figure out how I’m going to plant tomatoes. I’m ready for less mud and more sun and I live in town. Town people don’t have a clue what mud is. I don’t know how my mother is taking it. I know they are officially in the final countdown for calvies. I know I’ve become familiar with the go round when I get a picture of “the board” on the fridge back home and just by a written “10” know exactly what’s happening. Here’s hoping to keep them all healthy as we prepare for branding and get them out into the pastures in May.

It was a slow weekend for us, which we were both okay with. The highlights may have been in the kitchen where we had some great conversations about life, made pizza, made Dutch croquettes, and also celebrated our anniversary. I know it’s not our true anniversary and who knows if we’ll continue to celebrate the anniversary of our first date but it’s meal over Mexican cream of corn soup with beautiful birthday tuna steaks with Almond Champagne that remind us of the start and continued path that we are on. I don’t need to be reminded that I love my husband and the man that he is for me and though we are completely different people sometimes (logical versus compassionate, literal versus abstract, thinking versus feeling, liver sausage versus marshmallow) we really do complement each other, communicate with each other, and for the most part understand each other. And when we go through times where things get a bit messy, I know that he’s there to emotionally cling to and that together everything will balance out.
Best Meal: We had a nice variety of meals this week. We enjoyed Kevin’s pizza white sauce on our homemade squash ravioli, we had our tuna steaks, we had pizza, we had Dutch croquettes, and I also decided to unthaw some of our wedding cupcakes since it was a special weekend.
Matt tried breadsticks for the first time.

While listening to Keith Urban’s “Fell in Love in a Cop Car”
The beginning lines start like this….
We drove right past
That no trespassing sign
We sat on the tailgate
And watched the planes take off
We thought we had all night
There was no need to rush
MJR: WHAT DO YOU HEAR THIS?
ALR: Ah, so you haven’t heard this song.
MJR: This is terrible, they are promoting breaking into airports. THIS IS JUST GREAT!
ALR: You need to keep listening.
MJR: WHO COMES UP WITH THIS SHIT? WHO sings THIS???
ALR: Keep listening!
Silence
MJR: Ah, good, justice served.
ALR: (Sigh.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment