Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

Christmas Cards then Parties then Trees!

 We are hardly two weeks out from Christmas. I think we’ve got things pretty well on schedule. Tree is now up. Assembled, decorated, lights, ribbon, star and all. Matt is not a happy camper, because it a fake tree. I love it. The only thing that I would love more is if we could put tinsel on it. We can’t, TonyDanza tries to eat it. What a dummy. So that’s done. We are almost done with presents. A few left, but so far so good. I’ve started baking a few things but not too seriously. Will have to get that in gear. Also, with the true spirit of Christmas, we had my work holiday gathering last Friday. What a great little night. Was fun to get together and see spouses and enjoy some great food. We also have been getting some nice compliments on our first Christmas card. I really do like the way they turned out!

This week has been cold. Not just a little chilly but now we are at holycrapcanwegetcolder cold? I’ve been plugging my car in each night, Matt’s been letting his run extra, and we even turned up the heat again. This cold stinks. It’s cost Matt a flooded office because of frozen pipes. I’ve dug out my long underwear. We even have been trying to maintain the fireplace. I know it’s December, but we’ve got to catch a break, or a high above zero.

This weekend we got a lot of things done. I went to Pride of Dakota with a friend in Bismarck as well as did some errands and shopping. On Sunday, we went to the grocery store and I stocked up on food and made bagged crock pot meals. I’ve seen it on pinterest and have been wanting to try it. The tipping point to do it this week was the lack of imagination that I’ve had with meals this week. I did make a squash soup that was very impressive in my mind. Matt didn’t even try it. What a disappointment! I miss the summer when weather was warm and Matt was cooking!

Best Meal: Was at Hawk’s Point, where the Christmas Party was. I had a chicken stuffed with cheese and bacon wrapped asparagus on the side. Matt had a NY strip with squash and horseradish mashed potatoes.

Matt lying on the ground looking under the Christmas Tree
MJR: Yep, Sorry Nike. There’s no water this year.
ALR: sigh
MJR: I know, Nike, you’ll have to get used to this every other year.
ALR: sigh
ALR crouching down to look: Seriously? Is she doing what I think she’s doing?
MJR: She’ll figure out it isn’t real.
ALR: She’s eating the tree! Aren’t you going to get after her?
MJR: She doesn’t understand the words I say.
ALR: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

No comments:

Post a Comment