Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Who Likes Kevin?


Well it’s been a week. We had beautiful weather, in the 60’s and today I scrapped snow off my car. We’ve been house hunting and Matt’s been having work issues but we had the chance to forget about them this past weekend.

Matt and I took off for Bismarck early Saturday morning. We stopped in at Target to do our registry! I’d been warned that it may not be a fun ordeal. We had a great time. Matt, being the hog that he is, wouldn’t give up the scanner, but he was on good behavior. We struggled with a few items of if we need it and what we have and what do we want. We’ve both been so established for so long that we have so many items and it’s hard to imagine what to get. We know we needed glasses and silverware but wanted to give a good range of items. We went through kitchen, cleaning, linens, outdoor, and even electronics. Matt wanted to register for a flat screen television, I put the Kibash on that.

From there, we met Michele, Randy, and Kevin, who flew in for a work thing. We grabbed a quick bite and headed out to the farm for the official $10 tour! We got to take in the newest calves too and Matt even checked out the two that we have on the ground. He told me we have a great big guy and then the one we just purchased has some opportunities to show great growth. It does feel good that Matt is excited to be involved and is taking an active interest. From there came the “big show”…the pizza showdown. I’m impressed with the extent that both Randy and Kevin go to in delivering a quality pizza. And the best gift that Matt and I ever gave Randy is the deep dish...he’s really perfected that since day 1, it’s never been bad, and I realized this weekend that they’ve changed my habits and I like the pepperoni and jalapeno that is the house special. Now I don’t know if I had a favorite chef, couldn’t force me to choose because Kevin used havarti cheese and that added a great flavor and his Stromboli should be sold!! So I’m torn and then add my mother’s peach cobbler and it’s like I’ve died and gone to heaven! It was fun to share this experience with my family, who has only heard about my previous experiences with the Remynse pizza.

On Sunday, we kicked off the day at St. Anthony’s club at the annual breakfast and bake sale for the Ladies Auxiliary. I was able to done on my brand new Aux shirt too! Michele was impressed at how Matt and I finished out! Matt and the rest of the firemen did the cooking and the ladies watched the bake sale and managed tables as people came through. After that, we showed off what’s been going on in Dickinson between the growth, the new building, and the oil/energy activity to the three of them, it was also good for me as I haven’t driven around for awhile. We then concluded with a tour of homes, two to be exact. We needed outsiders’ opinions on some houses that grabbed our attention when we looked at them.

From there Matt cooked steaks on the grill to perfection and we enjoyed talking, conversation, and 2 out of 3 kitties for the rest of the night (crabbie Nike). It was such a great weekend and reminded me how great family is to have close and also made me lucky that I have such an amazing family but I’m also get to have another amazing family that isn’t shy to share, laugh, or joke!

Best Meal: I love pizza showdowns. MMMMMMMMMM. Could do that every week..probably a good thing I can't!

“That’s disgusting.” KMR watching Nike cuddle Matt.
“Welcome to my world, Ever.Night.” ALM to KMR
“Hey, you you’ve lost your girlish figure, he’s going to move on!” KMR to Nike, who seemed unimpressed with this statement, I think she plotted his death under the shoe bench all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment