Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

Searching....

House Count: 19 houses (and counting)
House Hunt: 1 week

Well we’ve added a couple more showings to our pooling number. With that we’ve seen a few more “gems”.

-One had a galley kitchen, a dark bathroom, but it was well kept and had three stalls. I tried to convince myself that I liked it but Matt finally told me to give up. It didn’t break my heart that it got an offer on it after being on the market for 2 days.

-One house had 8 Hispanic men renting a 5 bedroom room. Matt’s “favorite” part of the house was their Budlight furniture. They had empty beer boxes duct taped together to form their household furniture. The house had a distinct smell and the need for hand sanitizer when we left.

-Another house, split entry looked nice, had a beautiful yard with garden space, was well kept up, it actually reminded of the house my Aunt Lynn and Uncle Wade used to be in. We had a few hiccups including 70’s carpeting, but that could replaced, what couldn’t would be the interstate and associated noise in the backyard.

-Final house, I liked. Older than I wanted but had complete updates and a huge basement. What Matt didn’t like was the busy street that ran across the front of the house. He counted 10 cars in 1 minute, which are not good odds for Nike the runner. We’d need to fence her in the backyard…and maybe put some bird feeders in to keep her occupied.

So the house hunt continues.

best meal: I made some chicken alfredo linguine (no I didn't have fettucine noodles, it was fine).

“It could be worse, we’ve seen worse. Has anyone been shot in here yet, that we know?” ALM





No comments:

Post a Comment