Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Hopping/Hoping Into Spring

As March leaves like a lamb, with beautiful days that brought out my summer pants and Matt’s shorts, I hope April will follow and keep spring coming. I’m a little doubtful after waking up on Easter Sunday and seeing snow covering my car and the yard and Matt’s work cell going off. Here’s hoping this is its final hoorah before spring fully embracing its own possibility.

Work has become more interesting as we are getting more phone calls for those who are ready to get into their vehicle and drive up, because housing isn’t as big of scare in the summer, that’s what vehicles are for. It’s frustrating for me because these people are expecting me to be begging them to come and yes there are jobs but these people don’t want to come for $11/hour McDonald jobs or $13/hour noon rush Taco John’s jobs, they want $30/hr plus a per diem and to find a job within hour 1 of arriving. I’m not sure what my summer will be but I’ve started to become immune to the woeful stories and Matt’s relieved that I won’t be borrowing out our room anytime real soon to some lost soul.

House count up to 22. This house had a price that’s better than we’ve seen, great deck that was south facing and a ton of cupboards. Matt had a few issues with the amount of closets that the house had as well as the construction of the garage, but I was prepared to have a more serious talk, or at least a look at the property disclosure. We both need to agree, so the search is still on.
Weeks looking: starting our fourth
Summary of feelings: still frustrated

It was a great weekend, very relaxing with a kick off on Good Friday. Matt and I did some running around town but not after making one kitty very happy. Matt decided to take Lola for a walk, something that she has never experienced and I’ve strongly discouraged her outside activities. She seemed to enjoy herself despite my nervousness that she was going to break out of her harness and leash and explore further. I think this is a cue to our possible parenting styles for the future. I’m not sure how I feel about this. Lola now wants to go out more of course; she’ll stand on the bench by the door and pull on the blinds in an attempt to get her way. To try to appease Lola, Matt did put the screen door on the front so even though he can’t continue to take her for a walk, she can enjoy the fresh air through the screen. I think my second favorite part of watching the two of them “take a walk” was watching Nike watch them. I couldn’t tell if she was mocking Lola and her collar/get up or jealous that he was dividing his attention from her.

Saturday offered a special treat for me. Matt decided he was craving key lime pie, so he must bake. I enjoyed the show as he made his own graham cracker crust, waited impatiently for it to cool, and then made the key lime filling. That would have been great but then what he decided to have/prepare for supper enhanced this even further. He cooked a prime rib roast for me. It was amazing. Probably the best prime rib that I’ve ever had, warm and cooked perfectly. After we were done eating I was so uncomfortable I probably should have puked, I would have at least felt better. I wasn’t even hungry for breakfast the next day. We finished the night off with good friends and enjoyed some local brew and their local/homemade blueberry wine.

Ended the weekend with Easter. It was a great day at Descie’s and only would have been better if had had been able to go versus staying close to town for the airport. They had a full house and the food was amazing. It’s great to see everyone and catch up!

Best Meal: While Easter dinner was great and the left overs were amazing too, I have to say that Matt’s prime rib and key lime pie has to be in the top 3 meals of the year so far. I can’t wait until we have open faced sandwiches as left overs.

A Few Bits of Conversation 
MJR: I need graham crackers.
ALM: Here they are. You can ….
MJR: (slam slam slam) What?
ALM: Use the food processor.
MJR: That’s unnecessary. That’s just another thing to clean! Crap, I ripped a hole in the bag.
ALM: I thought you were going to.
MJR: You’ve never seen me bake.
ALM: That’s why I’m getting my camera.
MJR: Let me go put some shorts on.

ALM: Bakers wash their own dishes.
MJR: Hence, why I didn’t use the food processor.


MJR: What do you want as a side to the prime rib?
ALM: Do we need one?
MJR: Well, we probably should.
ALM: Okay, how about bread?
MJR: So all you want for supper is bread and prime rib?

ALM: Is there anything else that we'd need?
MJR: Well I was thinking like potatoes or something.
ALM: Unneeded filler.

1 comment: