Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Winter Blues…


I’m ready for summer, not sure if it’s the winter blues, the wedding blues, or what. I sure have a funk. This past week has been pretty uneventful. I’ve been working on wedding details, hoping to get Save The Dates out by the 15th, I know they are printed, they just need to be picked up, stuffed, and sent. We even have a few RSVP’s in now…so far we have a total of 8 people committed.

I’ve been busy at work with housing inspections. One aspect of my job is that I inspect the houses that farmers bring foreign workers to live in. It’s been interesting and at times a bit trying because of the common sense approach doesn’t always follow the rules. This isn’t like anything I’ve done in previous jobs but I’m enjoying it. Yes, I admit I’m not wild when I find out that my last inspection made a personal call to the governor because I told him it wouldn’t pass unless he put screen doors on, but it is very interesting to read the rules and what’s available.

Matt’s been busy at work, we’ve had some lengthy discussions about bids, bills, RFP’s, and car rentals. He likes these conversations better than wedding ones. He did make me happy, he told me that he pushed the September board meeting back a week as he doesn’t think he’ll be able to get prepped for it the week he typically does. They asked if he had a higher power in his life than the board, and he answered yes. I am still waiting on the meeting minutes to confirm this.

He also took on a little home project that has changed our kitchen. He added a distiller to our sink, which means we don’t have to buy distilled water, but we also have extra room in our fridge. The cats were very interested in this project as he was on their level and in a cupboard…all of their favorites.

Speaking of the cats, I’m not sure if they have the winter blues too or not. They have been at each other more than normal. And not just the TD/Lola gang up against Nike. It’s all of them. Nike against TonyDanza, Lola against Nike, Lola against TonyDanza. Ugh, all the hissing and one armed slap fests drive me a bit crazy somedays. They were enjoying Matt’s Christmas goose blind for awhile, most expensive cat toy I’ve ever bought.

Best Meal of the week: I made a lavosh, which is a version of a thin-crispy pizza. I put mushrooms, spinach and havarti cheese on it. I wasn’t too sure and I would do things a bit differently the second time but I was really happy with how it turned out. Matt and I both thought we’d be scrounging up other things to eat afterward but we didn’t even finish it.

MJR laying under the sink: “While I’m under here, we could clean.”
ALM: (if I don’t answer him maybe he will think I didn’t hear him and will do it himself)
MJR laying under the sink: “While I’m under here, we could clean.”

1 comment:

  1. oh...mi...gosh...Amanda run - run as fast as you can....Matt sounds just like your father!!!!! :)

    and why did I not get top billing again about being the first (number 1) person to respond with my RSVP??? Hmmmm???

    ReplyDelete