Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

C-C-C-COLD.

So the cold is here. How do I know it’s here? On Sunday when Matt when to start my car, it didn’t. Yes, that’s right. Not a turn, or a crank, or a wheeze, nothing. It reminded me that yes I had a garage and like me, it wants it back! When temps feel like -24, who cares what the actual temp is?

We had a busy weekend, all the way from Friday night’s impromptu supper out to a day off on Monday. Saturday was a great day. We woke up, I had a latte and then we bundled up and headed off to the Sales Barn, for Bull Days. Mom and Dad have been coming for the past 4 years and I’m glad. I’ll take anything I can get to see them. Dad should have been happy with how the bulls looked, I thought they showed pretty well and he had a great bunch. The only thing to improve the event would have been the weather. It was so cold that morning to walk and check pens. It was nice to get inside and visit with Mom while Matt read the paper.
That night we had the DRFD/Rockpile’s Chili Cook off. What a great event! Rockpile, a local oilfield company decided to host this event with all proceeds going to the fire department and they took this event serious! They filled all the available teams and then some, they sold oodles of tickets, they got a great band (Outlaw Sippin’), they had a great selection for silent auction items, and they decorated and created a great event. It was amazing to see the support and turn out in the community. Here’s hoping for an annual event.

Sunday was a lazy day, mostly because it was freezing and we didn’t want to go out. We did go out to shovel the stairs, walkways, and sidewalk but that was about it! Matt was supposed to have dive but due to the chili cook off and the cold, it was cancelled. So much for having the house to myself that afternoon. I didn’t get the sewing machine out or the things I wanted to, did manage to have a nap! Matt was more ambitious, he baked chicken wings and made his own sauces for us to try!

Monday, was a federal holiday. Now that I’m working for the government again, I like those holidays. I slept in, read a book, and enjoyed a morning latte before we got up and started moving around for the rest of the day. I worked on a few wedding things and had a mini heart attack when I realized that we have 7.25 months until the wedding. What!!! So much to do, decorations to decide on and shore up, tuxes to decide on and rent, people to ask, invitations to word, and I won’t even start talking about Matt’s list!

Best meal: the chili cook off was a great selection of choices. I actually really liked the grand champion winner, who had an awesome presentation. There was also a pork recipe that was pretty amazing.

“I’m not buying a cow, today!” – MJR to Mom and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment