Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Brutus, Gandalf, Oban, and Sebastian

In November, we had Winter Storm Brutus and this past weekend we had Storm Gandalf. They were about the same, a lot of hype, but happily, their wraths were minimal at best. I couldn’t help remember those winter storms of 08 and 09 when I had so much driveway and sidewalk to shovel and it seemed that every day was a day in the cold removing the drifts that went up to my thighs. I’m glad to have less driveway and much less sidewalk. The only thing I wish for is that I still had my double garage, there have been many days where I miss that! Someday, Matt and I will have a house with large closets, a garage, a separate room for sewing for me, and two bathrooms, and it will be above ground and have a southern window and no upstairs neighbors that make me want scream on a bi-weekly basis. Ahhhh, dreams. Don’t get me wrong, this place is good for us and we are blessed to have a great rent, enough space to live comfortably, and we can have all of our cats there, which most places aren’t too good about. So we’ll just sit and talk about the day when we can have our own garage and house.

We did have a major advancement in the wedding planning. We have officially sent the save the dates and I know people have also been receiving them! It’s very exciting to know we are closer. 235 days or something out still, but closer. I know I’ve mentioned it to my mother but the hotel situation really makes me nervous. It’s a big weekend in Bismarck, it’s Pow-Wow weekend and I know the hotels will sell out, as they’ve done in the past and I want to make sure people get a room in either our hotel or one close by. I know there is public transportation in town, but I know no matter what, it’s going to be a tough weekend for rooms. So translation: If you are coming to the wedding, please book your rooms now!

Best Meal: Matt and I went to the St. Benedict’s Health Center’s 1st Annual Crab Crack. What a great little event they created. You get 2 crab leg sets, 3 ribs, a baked potato, coleslaw, and bread after getting to sample some of the microbrews that they made available. Highlights of the evening include: the great crab, the pear cider, the coleslaw, and listening to Shawn Oban play.

ALM: “I’m fighting for every bite of this meal. Crab is so much work.”
MJR: “You wouldn’t have to if you gave me what’s left of your crab legs.”

No comments:

Post a Comment