Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

R&R and DRFD

A long weekend, finally. Not by holiday but by necessity. The past month at work has been super long and painful for myself and I also see the stress building up in Matt. Funny, even as I sit here, I am listening to Kid Rock’s “All Summer Long” from our neighbor who is working on his boat and it makes me grit my teeth, ha! I’ve determined working with some things so intently will ruin them for you. I never want to work at a Mexican restaurant, McDonald’s, or for Elton John.

It also seems that us sleeping in a camper is synonymous with rainfall. It’s hard to believe we have pre-drought conditions because the past couple times we’ve gotten out in the camper I’ve been awaken to the sound of rain on the tin, reminds me of a Judds song. I don’t look at this as awful, I’m glad that I don’t date a tenter. And until he awakens and becomes nervous from the storm, I don’t get myself worked up.

The other joys of camping include the people that we go with. We have our usual group of suspects. I did enjoy the fact that this time around they have become ultra-concerned with the fact that Matt and I aren’t engaged/planning a party, which they are looking forward to. The mention of new dresses and how good they look in tuxes also seem to be a huge advantage to our matrimony situation. It seems that laughs and stories don’t stray too far from the group. I couldn’t tell what they enjoyed more, the idea of a party or the squirming that Matt was doing from the whole conversation.

This camping trip had a purpose, it was dive weekend. The Dickinson Rural Fire Department’s dive team went out for training and simulations with their gear and with the new dive boat. I was officially the first female to jump off the roof of the dive boat. I don’t think I got style points for my jackknife but if I did, it was more points for that than my swim back to the boat.

Tonight will be our last night and we’ll head back Sunday morning. I hate the head back part. I hate the end of the weekend part because that means that we do that good-bye thing and I also do the drive back home thing, which leads to the back-to-work thing. Boo to being a grown up. Sure they make it sound good by having perks like drinking, bars, smoking, voting, R rated movies, tattoos/piercings, and personal consent but then they are quick to hide bills, work, and responsibility.

After cleaning the camper and talking about the coming week. I chose Matt's "outfit" for speaking on Monday in front of city commissioners.After this is worked out....
MJR: What do you think the fall season colors will be?
ALM: Bwahahahahaahahahahaha!
MJR: I don't understand why you are laughing.

Best Meal: Grilled porkchops and cucumbers with dressing after having a few cocktails.

"In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility." -Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment