Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Bells will be ringing...

And then we were engaged and it was the best secret of all.

It was exciting to have these waves of excitement hit. The fact that he’d asked, that I’d answered yes, that he had been ring shopping since June. That he’d spent hours poring over books to find one that he’d like that he thought fit me. That he’d gone through my jewelry box to ensure that he had the right size that it wouldn’t have to be resized. To realize that I was his one. To realize that he was part of my forever. To suddenly feel that everything was different yet better. To know that our future suddenly became a lot more closer. And to think, we sat there with all of these answers and questions together, just the two of us, for that little bit right after he’d ask.

It’s no wonder that we showed up to my parents’ house giggly and distracted. It was so nice to see my mother’s smile, my sister’s excitement and hear my father’s congratulations when we broke the news. There was similar more animated response from Michele and Randy, including tears of joy and fist pumps of pre-grandparent actualization.

We started sharing with our family and friends since our parents were in on the secret. It was fun to share the story and start the plans. We did get a bit overwhelmed at times but he was quick to tell me that we need to enjoy these initial moments. So we did, we lived it up and didn’t get too far into the details.

We did look at dates but had a few restrictions:
Feb, March, April = calving
May = A.I.ing, mud, and seeding,
June, July, August = too hot for Matt’s taste to be in a tux in the sun
November, December, January = too cold for my taste to be in a wedding dress in the snow
So that leaves September and October. Matt’s and mine birthday are in September, so those weekends are out and after October 19th we face a likelihood of cold and snow. So we narrowed it down to 9-21 and 10-12. It all depends on if we want to get married before I turn 30th or if we want to get married despite opening pheasant weekend. On our way out of town, we picked up a few books and got to talking about plans. He even had me pick out a magazine, which he opened before I did!

Best Meal: Randy’s celebratory Friday night pizza.

“I finally get to plan something and I won’t have to worry about government red tape and contracts”- Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment