Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

200 posts and still going.

This is officially the 200th blog. I had to go back and read the 100th and I seemed so wise back then. I don’t feel as wise now. I could state how more things have changed since then: new houses, new job, new towns, new memories, etc, but I feel that that may be redundant. I think it’s obvious things change, sometimes the way you’d like them to, sometimes when you least expect it, sometimes when you don’t want it to, and sometimes you can’t force change to save your life. Silly change!

So back to this 200th blog thing. Here are some interesting facts that I’ve spotted as I reviewed the blog.
  • I’ve repeated a title once “Leaving is the hardest part.” Once was the trip to Mexico and once was the recent post about Chicago. And I’ve mentioned “Float on” twice, obviously I’ve got a thing with songs. 
  • I use the word “weekend” the most in my titles.
  • I have blogged the most about weekends, which was tagged 113 times. Family came in second at 108 times. 
  • Shortest blog title was “*sigh*” closely followed by “Thankful.”
  • Longest blog title was “Brass Doggies $7, Spanish Dictionary $1, Piece of Mind $.50”
  • TonyDanza has made 18 posts while Lola beats him out at 22 posts. I didn’t count their collective “pet” tag.
  • Since the blog has been created I’ve lived in 4 houses.
  • I’ve visited Guatemala, Mexico, Kansas, Minnesota, Chicago, and various places all over ND.
  • According to my stats there have been 2,158 all-time page views. My most viewed post happened in July of 2010. 87% of viewers use internet explorer and 4 views have come from Brazil.

Insider’s scoop for those that read this, I rarely proofread, which is probably obvious. I also like to write a post in one sitting. I break up vacations and trips so I can relive it longer but I sometimes write them all at once. I used to be better at pictures but have slacked since I’m not impressed with my camera. I have plans for this blog and hope to see it become more personalized as I mature in life.

What’s interesting is that I think I’m not really doing anything profound, just mostly transcribing my life from my point of view at irregular intermissions. My grandmother has been “blogging” for years. She has a calendar that she write on daily to mark the days’ events and temperature. She has a chronological record of Moser Simmentals Farms that exists before technology was even a picture. When I am amazed that I’ve had 200 blog entries, I remind myself that she has well over 18,250 (365 times 50).

The world shrieks and sinks talons into our hearts. This we call memory. ~Tim O'Brien

No comments:

Post a Comment