Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Working for a Livin'....

In less than 72 hours the fair kicks off. I have been working on this project for a year and a half and will finally seeing a ton of effort come down to the end. It will feel good to have this one wrap up, especially after the flood last year. We will be going up with a small crew (me and another guy) to shoot footage for future commercials during the week. It will make for a long day but I’ll look forward to seeing everything play out.
Other events keep working through; the Scandinavian festival is on schedule for the end of September. Once next week wraps up, we’ll kick that event into high gear.

Matt’s been busy too. He actually got to spend an extra night with me this past week because he was wise to plan for some big meetings in Bismarck. I know his next couple months will be busy and full meetings but he handles it all pretty well. Spoiler alert: we are picking out his outfit for his next big TV spot, prepare yourself for a gray shirt.

This past weekend he was all business too. He trained on fire and combustion and hoses and psi and smoke and while he did, I played. I was able to meet up with a few friends for lunch. Was nice to gab a bit and catch up on lives that I’ve been away from for so long. Every once in a while I think back to “what was I doing last year?” I know at this point I was up to my tears in trying to sell my house. This year I’m in the condo and mostly unpacked. It’s amazing how long and short a year can be.

Best meal: I hate when I have weeks I don't remember food. I'll tell you what I've been eating a lot of lately, tacos and vanilla/honey greek yogurt (but not at the same time).

"Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, Creeps in this petty pace from day to day" -William Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment