Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

New cologne: Campfire

Know what I love, a successful weekend.
This past weekend (aside from 2 holes on the golf course) was! Matt and I made the maiden voyage pulling the camper with the new truck, and someone was pretty happy with the outcome. I was happy with leaving town with him but he was very happy with the new truck, the way it pulled, and how easy it was. This trip was even more special as it was our first camping trip with just the two of us.

We went down to Bowman-Haley Dam and reserved a spot from Friday through Sunday. We may have missed the group camaraderie but we perfected the campfire sandwich. We took in a round of golfing at Sweetwater, where I had a few great drives after an incredibly rocking start. For some reason my swing has been off and that results in frustration and anger and aching wrists. Things improved, until Matt had to sheepishly retrieve the ball that he hit the clubhouse with on the 9th hole.
We hadn’t been down to this site before and we were pleasantly surprised, we’d go back but should bring our own music (couldn’t pick up a damn station) and more wood and I was thinking bocce ball should make an appearance.
I also put up camper lights, much to someone’s dismay. I loved them! They looked so nice and were so romantic. They would have been nicer but because someone was “reluctant” to help, they only went up about 6’8” tall (which is as far as I can reach). I have a plan for next time.

We are planning 2 more trips for sure. He has annual dive weekend coming up, which will be a long weekend, and then we’d like to get a trip in with his parents. Both are still up in the air. There are a few things this summer that we’d like to get in (girls weekend, trip to Fargo, tubing) and then there are things that we have to get in (new employee training, working at the fair). We’ll see how the rest of it plays out.

Latest conversation that made me laugh:
Our camping neighbors had a small terrier, chihuahua, min-pin, weiner dog, jack russell, something cross dog. We sat and watched the dog tangle itself in it's own leash.
I said (and I've said before): I like little dogs, they are so cute and they are always puppies.
MJR: They are little and they are hard to find and they can be squashed.
ALM: This dog is very interesting looking.
MJR: Yeah.
ALM: Maybe a terrier and chihuahua? Hmmmm, what do you think it is?
MJR: Small.

“If he's got golf clubs in his truck or a camper in his driveway, I don't hire him.” – Lou Holtz

No comments:

Post a Comment