Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Splitting Our Weeks

Okay…so I’m behind a bit.

Two weeks ago was a Dickinson weekend. Matt took me up in a plane to cover the fires that had just shaken Dickinson, Richardton, New England, and me. I admire that he is a firefighter and the relationships that exist on the department, but I admit when I don’t hear from him until 3:17 am, I tend to get a bit stressed. He had worked with over 1800 burned acres and 2 major fires in one week. Two homesteads were affected and the interstate was shut down, twice. It was intense driving past it on the way but from the air it became even more real how massive it was from miles above. And with the shifts in the plane, I’m embarrassed to admit that I got a bit queasy.

This past weekend was a Bismarck weekend. We were busy! Friday: we had drinks with a few friends. Saturday: we started the day checking the condo out! There is a floor, ceiling fans, some tile, paint on the walls, it’s really starting to come together! I’m hoping by the end of the month I’m in #6 in Hollister Hills Condominiums. We ran a few errands before heading out to the range and hit a couple large buckets of balls. That night we headed off to an URL’s anniversary party. The radio station that I went to Guatemala with, celebrated 3 years on air. Funny thing, I won a flat screen tv! I think my date was a bit jealous! Sunday: the golfing continued. We walked Pebble Creek’s course and I was able to put the golf cart that I got from my family to use! It worked out amazing, they picked a great one for me, I was pretty happy! I had a few great shots and a couple decent holes, not enough to win…but I was happy with my first game in 2 years.

The weather continues to be amazing; I actually got a bit of a tan due to our time outside on Sunday. Warmest March on record! I’ll take it. I put flipflops on for the first time last weekend too!

Other good news, I won the office pool for the March Madness brackets! I was pretty excited with my picks, on ESPN, I was 4656 out of 5.9 million, that’s in the 99.9%. I’ve called the champion before but have never done this well—three perfect rounds.

Best Meal: Toasted Frog’s pasta and Matt shared his bite of shark with me.

“I love at watching college basketball. March Madness is one of the unique things in sports where good teams that nobody’s heard of Cinderella stories come out of nowhere to win a few games. It’s something the nation really embraces.”—Bobby Carpenter

No comments:

Post a Comment