Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Preoccupied while Planning

Summer may be more near. I’m looking forward to camping, camp fires, smores, summer hours, longer days, sun burns, hot dogs, and all those summer things.

Got to do one of those “summery” things last weekend. Michele, Matt’s mom, and I went out and took in 8.5 holes at Lansford’s Golf Course! It was a nice time, pretty lighthearted and the weather was beautiful. The time reminded me when Mel and I used to go play the front half of South Heart. We were pretty happy with how things turned out as we didn’t lose any balls and didn’t have to search for any!

Sunday it was rainy..boo. I know that Matt wanted to golf but it just wasn’t happening. I felt bad. I did end up cooking for him, chicken potpie. I had a slight “oops” with the recipe but I was expecting it to turn out way worse.
He had a little altercation with Lola. On our trip to Lowe’s, Matt decided to take up plant care and bought two little plants that he’s planning to rebuild to the memory of a plant he once had. He brought them to the house and about an hour later, he found Lola snacking on them! I couldn’t take either one’s side!

This past week I took a trip to Northland College, one of our clients. Wow, that’s a drive. It was great to see their facility, which takes the hands-on approach to a new level. But it made for LONG days.

I also set the closing date for my condo. It’s not in stone but it’s better than I thought, May 9th. Here’s hoping. I snuck in and I’m not missing too many things: carpet, kitchen counter tops, appliances (I do have a washer and dryer tho), and attached plumbing. It’s really come a long way in the past month. I’m getting pretty anxious though!

Matt and I also got bad news about our Chicago trip. Bismarck is getting rid of their flight from Bismarck to Chicago, we are now being rerouted through Denver (the airport that was “so fun” when we came back from Cabo). It’s going to take away some of our time in Chicago. We still are going, still have the tickets/spaces and bought the Cubs tickets though. I’m getting excited…56 days!

I’m really looking forward to vacations between some stressful times for me at work and Matt had some big changes this past week at the airport, which will require his attention and presence more at the airport, we are going to need some getaway time with each other, good food, and new places.

Best meals: This was tough this week-Matt’s dad, Randy, was awesome to indulge my request of homemade pizza when we visited them. I was hurting from ALL the slices I consumed. The other meal for the books was our trip to Harvest, the Brazilian grill in Mandan. It was expensive, that’s for sure, but it was amazing. The servers wandered around with skewers of grilled/seasoned meat and sliced it off for you whenever they came by your table. There was 2 types of chicken, 2 types of pork, fresh/hot/parmesan buns, grilled pinapple, 2 types of sausage, 3 types of stakes, roasted potatoes, and then our favorite: grilled bananas. The only regret we had was taking a trip through the salad bar. How dumb was that!

"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: taking long walks and hitting things with a stick." - P.J. O'Rourke 

No comments:

Post a Comment