Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Brief Background of TonyDanza

I realize with my busy life, that TonyDanza hasn’t been mentioned in any post recently.

So just to recap with him…he’s had some stress but he’s a bit happier lately. I had a free consult with an empowerment doctor who reviews pet relationships with their owners, Matt thought the whole thing was crazy. I figure if they tell me something new, something useful, it can’t be all crazy. Well she nailed it when it came to my two cats, she told me that Lola rules the roost. She’s feels confined and because of her confinement, she does what she wants, when she wants, really doesn’t care. That’s Lola!

But when she talked about TonyDanza being stressed and nervous, I realized she may be right.
If I look at things from his perspective, this is how it’s rolling out:
1. Things are great. He has his own apartment in Bismarck. (Summer 07)
2. Things become questionable, he has to live with my parents while I transition out to Dickinson. (Fall 08)
3. New house, things are okay, it’s not the same to have my undivided attention but things look on the up and up. (November 08)
4. Enter Lola, things are not good. (February 09)
5. Lola and him become “friends”. Things are better but he thinks she’s mouthy. (April 09)
6. Things become BAD….enter Elvis, the dog who hates cats. (June 09)
7. Things become wonderful, the dog is gone. (November 09)
8. Things go to AWFUL BAD…enter Dudley, the stupid weiner dog who doesn’t get it. (June 10)
9. Things are GLORIUS, the dumb dog leaves and it appears that there are all these boxes to jump in. (April 11)
10. Things go to NOT GOOD. He and Lola go back to my parents house to live with Toot and Bell. 11. Despite his past encounter with these animals, they aren’t really friendly. (May 11)
12. Things get better but he has to move again to live in the duplex while the condo is being built. (September 11)
13. Things are not good as I leave many weekends but the upside, no dumb mutts polluting up his air. (October 11)

So we’ve been spending more time together and he’s been pretty happy. I bet he was VERY happy last night. I planned to have fish. I went to the gym, with the fish vacuumed-sealed in a bag, immersed in a pot of water. I returned one hour later, with the remaining part of the fish on the floor (out of the bag, out of the water) and an orange scruffy kitty licking his lips and starting intently at me.

Worst meal: Floor fish

“As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat.” -Ellen Perry Berkeley

No comments:

Post a Comment