Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Weekends are the Best!

I love weekends. Not just a little, I love weekends, a lot. It was a great to get away from work, enjoy the sunshine/70 degree weather, and spend time with my favorite people. On Saturday, heard some great news…Alaina passed her CNA test! She’s official! I’m excited for her as I know this is a great field that she will excel in. It was excited to see her so happy, looking forward to the celebratory dinner later this week.

We hung out with on the farm for a bit on Saturday to celebrate Mom’s birthday. We had phase 2 of the Surround Sound set-up. It involved more remotes, more wire, more confusion. We didn’t have the ideal turnout but they got the job done, with a couple of beers. We also spent some time with the cows/calves. Experienced the highs of watching the calves bask in the sun and run around and also experienced the lows of one die. I hate that part, never seems right, doesn’t matter if the calf has a pink tag or not. I like when things work out and everything goes as planned. Don’t know if it’s the control freak in me or the fact that I’m a big softie. Just hard to see the calves suffer and the mother lose her baby.

Sunday was pretty relaxed and the time felt off all day because of the spring ahead. We did finally have HuHot, Mongolian Grill. We thought it was okay, we’d go again but we still have a favorite in town. We also tried BOTH new yogurt places, Tutti Frutti and Cherry Berry. Although they were both packed, we may have a favorite in Cherry Berry, and the worst part is I can see a bad habit starting here! We also got to spend time with Matt’s parents. I enjoy catching up with them and they were awesome to bring Nike back so Matt could take her back home.

Since Nike was in town, we did try to introduce Lola and TonyDanza to Nike. It went as good as possible. There were some hissing, growling, staring…no real fighting but no cuddling. Maybe next time!

Meal of the week: Mom's potato soup. It's such a family thing, I know it's not Matt's new favorite but it was nice to share with him something that's always been a comfort food.

"Cats don't like change without their consent." -Roger Caras

No comments:

Post a Comment