Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

WOW! It’s amazing how life can swing in a day, week, month!
I’ve had some huge changes alter my life in the past week.

1.Mel left for Rock Springs
So I’m not 100% okay with it but I know that she’s going for a great job and is being Miss Independent. I’m proud of her. It was so hard to see her drive off into the midmorning sunrise with her loaded Kia. I know we won’t lose contact and we’ll continue to be parts of each other lives. It would have been our “anniversary” on May 1.

2.I decided to take a job in Bismarck
I’m leaving Dickinson and DSU for a job with KK Bold, an advertising/marketing firm. I had applied for a job with them in November and was disappointed to hear when they filled it. However was elated when they contact me earlier this month and asked to meet.

3.I put my 2 weeks notice in
My last day at the Strom Center is May 13th. It was a hard decision to make in terms of leaving a great job that I’ve enjoyed and a great team of people. I’ve met so many people and found this is be the biggest hurdle in taking another position.

4.I started meeting with realtors
I’m going to put the house on the market. It’s a perfect time to sell in Dickinson as houses are in HIGH demand and I think I’ve got a cute little house that is perfect for someone with a small family or someone wanting to finish the basement.

5.I’m seeing someone
So Matt and I have been hanging out…by ourselves, with my friends, with his friends, and with the cats! He’s been super good to me and has been making me laugh, so I’ll keep playing it by ear. He is living in Dickinson, so the move may impact things. I’m not real worried right now….we’ll see!

6.I got an oil change
Okay, so that’s not huge news, but I thought it was funny.

What’s funny about this whole thing is the first weekend in April, Mel and I were sitting in the living room talking about things that were coming up. I looked at her and said, “April’s going to be a big month”…boy, we had NO clue just how much our lives would change in such a short time.

“Action and reaction, ebb and flow, trial and error, change - this is the rhythm of living. Out of our over-confidence, fear; out of our fear, clearer vision, fresh hope. And out of hope, progress.”—Bruce Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment