Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Home? A transitioning definition!

First full week of May complete…but it has felt so much longer than 7 days!!

So aside from having a stream of realtors come in and give me “market analyses” I’ve also had carpet cleaners clean Mel’s room, which is so empty, and I have had some amazing friends come to give boxes and help out!

This weekend was amazing! Matt and I spent some quality time together and he was so good to me! We ripped all the carpet out, we took donations to the House of Manna, we painted the storage room (walls and floor), we moved furniture out to the storage shed, and he organized the basement after we bleached it. It looks completely different….I can’t believe it. Yes, we were exhausted at the end of the day and my legs are a bit sore but it felt so great. I’m starting to work on the upstairs to pack and organize there. I have felt so overwhelmed but this weekend really helped accomplish so much.

Matt also has taken me on a couple tours. I received personal tours of the airport (including runways) and the fire stations. I even got to see the airport throne! He couldn’t believe that I wanted to take a picture at the dump! But it was my first time!!

I’m also trying to take care of things at work before I leave. People have been so good to me and are wishing me luck. It feels a bit surreal right now and I’m okay with that. I don’t think I’m ready to say good bye, especially because I have met so many amazing and wonderful people that I will continue to keep in my life, whether I’m in central or mountain time zone.

I’m in the final countdown for work and for moving home to live. I’ll be taking Lola and TonyDanza with me next week. We’ll have a full house including 3 cats and a Belle-Dog. It will be interesting for the next couple months. I’ve been told that a renter’s agreement is being drafted.
Mother’s Day gave me some time to reflect on the amazing people in my life who have impact and influenced me. I can’t believe how lucky I am to have an amazing mother who continues to love and support me and has also agreed to let me die first because I can’t imagine what I would do without her! I also consider myself lucky when it comes to the other women role models that I have….they know who they are…they have continued to hold my hand, hold my drink, and hold me up.

"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts."--Washington Irving

"One of the very few reasons I had any respect for my mother when I was thirteen was because she would reach into the sink with her bare hands - bare hands - and pick up that lethal gunk and drop it into the garbage. To top that, I saw her reach into the wet garbage bag and fish around in there looking for a lost teaspoon. Bare hands - a kind of mad courage."--Robert Fulghum



Two quotes…just because I couldn’t decide

1 comment:

  1. Those are such wonderful things you said. Thank you! I love you very much daughter of mine.

    ReplyDelete