Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Working for the Weekend!

Another busy week…the stress might be starting to get to me!

I’m still working on the grant review but this week there was too much chaos to give as much time as I’d like. I’m done with all the financials, which I have been doing when I don’t want to do the narratives. Oh no! We are over half way through the narratives so we are making headway. I have been taking them home at night and hope to have all the major writing done Monday morning so we can piece everything together, create the transitions, put in the pictures, and send to a consultant for final proofing.

Also at work, I went up to Watford for the more RLND training. The course has been great but I’d like to take the extended course. It takes a lot of time but I think it would be worth it! I also spent Wednesday at Marketplace for Kids, on DSU’s campus. The day is devoted to grades 3-5 entrepreneurship. It was fun to talk with some of them!

I got my tattoo touched up on Thursday. Wow…I didn’t realize that it had faded as bad as it had. It looks phenomenal now, thanks “In the Flesh”. It seems to be tattoo season—Candy got a new one, Tiffy got her’s added to, I guess it’s a sort of spring fever?

The week ended with a YP planned party-bus trip. I had completely forgotten about it but was reminded when we didn’t get the numbers that we had hoped for. It was a great trip. We took the bus to Wibaux’s Beaver Creek Brewery. I had a Sip and Go Naked..it’s a light lemonade beer. We then went to the Rainbow Club, which is known for the fish. I had to have the steak sandwich..really well cooked! We ended the night at the Golva Bar, which was built in the 1940’s and has the original bar! It was cool to see the mirrors and curved wood. I even left my mark on the bar (or the ceiling!)! The best part was Tiffy came out to have a night getaway. No surprise she gravitated right for the locals! She’s such a social butterfly like no one else I know! It was good to spend some time with Miss Rodeo ND!
Tonight I have decided that water is against me…I had a huge drip in my sink. I think I have fixed it but we’ll see. I didn’t fix it alone; I had two tails that kept getting in the way and my father on the phone! I am hoping that water leaks run in sets of three..the drain, the foundation, and now the sink! Set completed! Life can be drip/leak/seep free!

The other thing that has been eating at me is I’m at the age where friends are losing their grandparents. I’ve had three people close to me lose either their grandma or grandpa. It’s so scary, my heart and thoughts go out to these three strong willed women and I hope they and their families are supporting each other in the loss. It makes me realize that I did talk to all three of my grandparents this week. They have impacted my life, each in their own way. I am so lucky to have the love and support of each of them and a great aunt that I adore.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you blog had a "like" button. Sometimes I just wanna say "I like this" without leaving a comment :) Oh well! I like this blog post :) Especially our picture with the beaver...hehe ;) I MEES YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete