Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

ICE! ICE! Baby!

I’ve been all over this week! On the ice, shoveling the ice, and holding the ice!

Julie, my assistant(department of 2!), asked me to help her and her husband with Learn to Skate…ages 3-8 on the ice. I’m proud to admit, I did not fall once! Sure I was sore and wobbled a few times but I never fell on accident. It was fun to see how these kids were fearless and some of them really picked it up quickly. Thanks to Don for tying my skates everyday!

We had some great weather this week, in fact I found my front walk and most of my driveway! Well, almost. We had a ton of fog in Dickinson but one day of straight melting. It was such a nice sign that spring might actually be on the way! The interesting part was that sometime in November my phonebook was delivered to the front door. Well, it melted enough and it emerged this week! Surprise! It was too heavy to pick up tho!

I was on the road a little for work too. I went to Watford City for our RLND course. This week the message was on communication. We had Pat Heim speak about the way men and women communicate in personal and professional relationships. It was great. It came down to the games that children play growing up. After all, you can’t win at dolls, there is no goal or points in it either and to top it off there is no Boss(MVP)-Doll player! Her speech reminded me how much I enjoyed my women/gender studies classes.
I also was in Medora to work further with their community campaign. They are such an amazing community. I’m excited to see how their “breaking down barriers” events go. I will be making a few drives there in the next couple months to capture the impact that my department/program has had. It’s this type of work that makes me smile and realize that I really do like my job.

I also got new furniture. I replaced my couch and living room chair. I will not have to delint the furniture everyday now. It’s brown bomber jacket leather. My living room seating went from 3ish to 6ish! I kept the old stuff, the chair went in the office and the couch tried to go in the office, but not so much! I had to put it downstairs. The cats aren’t happy with me. They don’t like the new stuff and are really disoriented. TonyDanza has been protesting it and keeps checking on the old stuff…like if he revisits it enough it will return to where it’s suppose to! I’m working on changing some things in the house right now…I need a refreshed look! The house hasn’t changed too much in the past couple months and so I’m going to keep my eye out for making little changes. I bought new curtains, ones that look “springy-er”. They look really nice up!

The best part of the week was going out on Saturday night. I went out with Candy and her sister, Aubrey, to see Candy’s boyfriend’s band, Fully Loaded. We danced, laughed, and sang along. State team darts was in town and everyone went to Army’s afterward and I got to surprise Ryan, Aaron, and Toad (all Strike Co-workers), Scott and Kendall (Blind Duck Alumni), and Danny (DSU scene). I had so much fun recatching up! What a blast! I really do need to make a trip back to Minot, seeing all the guys made me miss Amy and Kelli more!

The only problem I’ve had this week that’s got me bummed is that my washer started acting up today. It had an accident all over the laundry room floor. I’m hoping it’s fixable. I’ll be calling fix-it people tomorrow and hopefully I’ll be back in business soon!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures on the ice! I love the little kids face in the background. Looks like you were having fun.

    ReplyDelete