Pages

Monday, May 25, 2009

Cough Cough Cough...Don't Fall!

This past week, I (and Kim and Jeanne from the Strom Center) went to Badlands Ministries and became certified to be a facilitator on the high ropes course. The high ropes course is comprised of 6 elements (obstacles) that 2 people go through at a time to help build trust and a stronger team. The elements are 30 feet in the air and are very physical. I was beat, after the first day I thought I might not make it and began verbalizing my will to Daniel.

I also visited to the Dickinson ER, not because of the high ropes training, but because the city does not have an after hours clinic! I had a sore throat on Tuesday and I think I stressed my body out and on Sunday I couldn’t take anymore so I went to the Dr. I had bronchitis and an upper respiratory infection. What a YUCK! The first long weekend I’ve had in a long time and I’m sucking down chicken noodle soup on the couch for 4 days! GRRRR. I even had to cancel the first barbeque of the season…RATS!!

Dan has been avoiding me-he thinks that we share a lot, and he doesn’t want to share my cold! He actually spent most of Saturday at Kim and Jack’s New House putting up sheet rock. He’s been spending time at the gym working out again. We both have fallen “off the wagon” and he’s getting in the good habit again.

We watched the movie “Seven Pounds” this week. It is the new Will Smith movie and was hardly advertised at all. To give you a briefing, it is about a IRS Tax Collector who decides who needs a tax extension and who does not based on whether they are a “good person”. Dan thought it was pretty good and a great thought-provoking movie, I thought it was ok. So on the DanandAmanda Movie Scale we rate it a ***(3 star).

No comments:

Post a Comment