Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Grass, Gardens, and Weeds...OH MY!

It’s finnnnnnallllly summer, in fact I put away the winter coats and my garden is growing! YEAH! I’m planning on harvesting cucumbers, zucchini, corn, pumpkin, beans, carrots, lettuce, beans…and tomatoes IF I get them in. Yard work has been a demanding task and requires a lot special tools; lawnmower, weed eater, hoses, sprinklers, tools, rakes (multiple), garden weasel, and SPRAYS. Dan has been doing a great job with the mowing, fertilizing, watering, and ESPECIALLY the weed pulling! We hope to get the dandelions under control. The best part of our yard, that I discovered this week is the lilac trees that flank our yard and the single bush behind the house. It reminds me of home and smells beautiful!


I’m finally healthy…I finished my z-pack and Dan’s relieved because I’m not coughing all through the night…Hooray for Healthy!

My childhood has kinda come full circle, this past week I judged a 4-H communication arts contest. I was impressed with the girls that gave their speeches. I saw a lot of myself in a few of the girls; they were nervous and a bit unsure of where they were going. I wanted to tell each of them to continue to push themselves and ignore popular opinion. Someday, they will look back and realize how these skills shaped who and where we are at.

While Dan was helping Kim and Jack move into their new house, I went to home. It was good to see my mother and I forgot how sneaky my father is! He somehow got both my mother and I into vintage grain trucks and also got me to take the tractor and Wishek disc through south Bismarck. It amazes me how much that drive has changed! My favorite was when Centennial Drive, which turns into Expressway, was one lane and I would count how many vehicles we could back up!

This next month will keep us so busy…we may need a weekend to take a vacation from our weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment