Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Home Again Home Again Jiggity Jig

This past week we saw a lot of highway miles! I went to Minot for the Economic Developers North Dakota Conference. I had time to check out a few old friends! It was great to see Kelli and Amy and catch up. I miss laughing and fooling around with them. I was surprised at how much the city changed…they have a BWW, a CVS Pharmacy, some ripped down buildings, and some construction on the campus just to name a few. The thing that hasn’t changed are the bar regulars, I sat at the Blind Duck and saw how many people haven’t changed in 5 years. The same people that I served when I worked there are hanging and closing the place—only they look much tougher.

I got back and had interviews for my assistant position. Elena is starting on the first of July! Hooray for hiring! I think we will work really well together. She is originally from Russia and speaks 5 languages…I think I have that many too…English, Canadian, Pig-Latin, Un Poco Spanish, and ____, hmmm so only 4….But maybe those don’t count!!!


Dan and I road tripped this weekend, with Elvis! We stopped Friday at Mom and Dad’s to install Dad’s birthday/father’s day gift…the gift of Dish TV. They have 1000% more channels now then when I was living at home! I also helped trench a water line in, they brought Grandpa up to help and finally were able to dig, 6 inches of rain kept them from working!
We went to Fargo to spend time with the Livermonts. We spend two nights there and they took us to Lake Elsie. Christa and Jeff have a nice little spot with a camper and a picnic table. Elvis took 1 jumnp off the dock and that was enough for him. Jeff took Dan and I tubing with Alyssa. I’m finally not sore, I still have the bruises but what can I say!! Elvis got along great with the girls and Kota, what a relief!
We'd like to put a great pic of Alyssa on the blog, but she had the biggest zit/growth and we told her to keep covering her face! Poor Girl!

On Sunday, we spent Father’s Day having supper with both Fathers. It was great to get everyone around the table. When Debbie and Dan are cooking, I can’t complain!

It was another great week, but it’s nice to be home. I’ve started cleaning up and FINALLY got my pots put away from when the dishwasher went in!

2 comments:

  1. i just love my family! thanks, amanda. ;)
    ~ alyssa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget - you also speak "Dad" and as we all know that is a language all in itself! Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete