Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Hooray For Mothers!!
I want to thank all of the Mother figures in Dan and mine life. Some of you are easily identified, others...you know who you are. We owe who and where we are at to you.

This was the first Mother’s Day that I spent away from my mother…and I didn’t like it! So I thought about the things that my Mother has taught me.
1. Perception is E-ver-y-thing!
2. There is no such thing as girl toys or boy toys…just toys.
3. When you have a house of your own, you can________(fill in the blank, which explains why I have two cats and four televisions)
4. To write thank you’s.
5. Sometimes you have to do things you don’t want to, because it means more to other people.
6. Somewhere, someone else has things a LOT tougher than I do.
7. The only thing you have besides yourself is family. The best and worst part is…you can’t get rid of them!
8. Have patience, God is trying to tell you things.
9. Stand up for things that are important to you.
10. Persistence will pay off…someday!
11. Spend time alone with yourself.
12. Sometimes you have to kiss a lot of toads before you find your frog.
I got to thinking about phrases that have been passed down from my grandmother as well:
1. A little lipstick never hurts.
2. You can marry a rich man, just as well as a poor man.

But the one that I hold on to the most…no matter if things are good or very bad…
My mother loves me, and will always be there for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment