Pages

Monday, September 23, 2019

WFHR, Badlands Camp

Matt played warrior this week while I played in Grand Forks. I took off Monday for the Workforce and HR Conference. It was odd for me as this is the first time in 5 years that I haven't been actively planning the event. We were going to the event to work a booth and help out a bit. It was so good to see some of the people that have been with the event for so long. I also took in a few good locations including Rhombus Guys, Bonzers, and Crooked Pint. I did manage to catch some bug and ended up losing my voice! UGH!




 


The best part of the trip was coming home to see some smiling faces - I had really missed them and it seemed like quite a long time. E went with her class to her first movie - a Trolls Movie. It's hard to believe she was ready but they said she did really well.

The weekend kept trend with a lot of the month of September - wet and rainy. It's probably been the wettest Fall ever and nothing is changing colors - it is so green. On Saturday, Matt and Eleanor took off for the badlands to do a scouting trip for deer hunting. They camped out for the weekend and did some planning for where Matt would be able to go in November. They slept in the tent, made a foil pack for supper, and also covered some ground. They saw some deer but also saw some antelope.
G and A stayed home with me. We had a lowkey day on Satuday... tried to get out for a walk but on Sunday we headed to the zoo for some fun, we event invited Mom and Dad to join us. Grady was excited to share mini-donuts with Grandpa and ride the train.

EER at bedtime.
ALR: I'm so glad that you and Dad spent the time together.
EER: Yes, we went camping and hiking in bad land.
ALR: I know. I heard you did so well.
EER: Yes.
ALR: What was your favorite part?
EER: Burger King.

No comments:

Post a Comment