Pages

Monday, September 9, 2019

Sitting Up, Big Boy Bed, Policy Summit, Preschool Change

Ainsley's had some big milestones lately... more solid food but also starting to sit up a bit on her own. She's wobbly as can be but she's wanting to sit up and see what's going on around her.
Grady also hit a milestone...he got upgraded from the crib to a toddler bed! He hasn't been actively trying to crawl out yet but we can tell he wants in a bit and we thought he may want his own corner of the world. He hasn't done too bad! WAYYYY better than E did but he's also got about 5 months on her from the timeframe. 

I've been super hectic at work. Our big event of the year, Policy Summit, is coming up and I haven't exactly felt prepared and with a new event, I'm still learning the ropes. The job change to the State Chamber has been a really good move for me. I've missed some of my co-workers and some of the colleagues and projects that I worked with but I've gotten along great with the new team and culture. That combined with the work makes me excited to go to each day. 

EER's self-portrait!

Her move to the preschool room has been good - we work on potty training but she's also curious to learn - numbers, alphabet, colors... She knows each of the letters - and has started working on writing them too. Her and I went for a walk down on Sunday to a rummage sale and it was chilly with the wind and the rain.... so when we came home we had some hot chocolate and cinnamon toast. She was pretty impressed.

Headed out to eat for breakfast.
MJR: Should we go to McDonald's?
Everyone: YEAH!
The next day running errands.
EER: Can we go to EIEIO?
ALR: What are you talking about?
EER: Can we go to EIEIO?
MJR: Oh, Eleanor, we'll go to McDonald's another day.
ALR looks at MJR: Oh, good job. How'd you get there so quick?

No comments:

Post a Comment