Pages

Monday, September 2, 2019

Hiking, Crab Boil, Corn, 6 mo

It's almost like you can feel summer winding down as we start the month of September. Matt is ready for Fall but I'm not. I want more sun, more summer, more pool splashes, more picnics.

We are still working on potty training - I feel like we are close to a breakthrough... we go a few hours with things "working" perfectly and then have a pitfall. I did have to make an emergency trip to McDonald's this past weekend because someone pooped in the potty - and I was ready to make good on a promise... no matter the time of day. We may actually get there... I'm just hoping it's sooner than later.

Matt and E also have started hiking to prep for Matt's trip to the
badlands. He has a meat-carrying pack and E sits on the perch while Matt hikes.

For labor day, we did a crab boil - the kids were very intrigued, especially E who was curious about all the things that went into the pot - shrimp, corn, potatoes, and crab. G ended up with a burn on his hand from the pot - but he was in heaven with all the food!

Since we used all our corn in the boil, we headed out to the farm to pick some from Grandpa's field. We got so much!! They had a good time running in the rows and pulling at the ears. We got 2 wagons full! The thing that did make me smile was as we finished and headed back to the yard, I looked up and saw E and G holding hands. They may not always get along... sometimes she bosses him or he pulls her hair - but that was one of the sweetest moments I've seen.
 
We also took A's growing pics - since I had a little help in taking the pics, they wanted to be included in a batch of their own.

MJR and EER on a hike, they are about 2 minutes in.
EER: We stop for a snack soon?
MJR: We will stop for a drink of water but won't have a snack until we get to the top.
EER: We stop for a drink now?
they've walked for 5 minutes.
In another 5 minutes.
EER: We stop for a drink?
In about 7 minutes.
EER: I'm thirsty.
3 minutes later.
EER: There's a biker coming, maybe we stop and get a drink?
5 minutes later.
EER: We stop for a drink?
.....

No comments:

Post a Comment