Pages

Monday, September 30, 2019

Renovations, 7 months, 36 years, Pool

It's been a big week for the kitchen.
Two things have happened.
1. We found a new stainless steel microwave while rummage saling ... for $10.
2. Wade and Lynn are remodeling their house and are updating their stove/oven so they are giving their double oven to us.

Both projects took a bit of finessing. The best part is the financial commitment to these upgrades. After selling our old microwave and updating parts and needed pieces... the whole set up cost us $27. Wade even came over to help unload and get it into the house.

Ainsley is continuing to grow into her personality. Her new "thing" is to
scrunch up her nose when she gets to smiling or feeling cheeky!

I think we are close to saying goodbye to summer for good. E and I went for a bike ride this past week. She's really gotten very good at her glider. Grady hasn't really ridden his lately. I'm hoping he comes back around next spring when he's feeling more confident with it.

We also celebrated my birthday and it was sweet to have people think of me..current
and past coworkers, the kids, and my family. We had pizza and donut cake to celebrate. For my birthday, E and I went to a Mommy and Me painting class. When I got there I was thinking I was a bit over my head BUT E did so well. I helped her get started and worked on putting the breaks on every once in awhile to ensure that she didn't have 2 inches thick of paint BUT she mostly did it all herself. She had to stand sometimes or get down and go see the "inspiration" but I think we both enjoyed ourselves.

Rick, Shantelle, and Alice were also in town for the weekend, we were hoping to take in the pumpkin patch but the weather didn't cooperate. Instead, we went swimming in the pool. E swam circles around everyone, G was over it pretty quick, and A thought it was fun! It was really nice to catch up with them and see how much Alice has grown.

EER: Mister Uncle Wade, you want to see my bedroom?
Uncle Wade: Why, yes I do.
Up the stairs they go.
Chatter is onoging.
Uncle Wade: Yes, that is a nice closet.
Chatter ensues.
Uncle Wade: Oh, yes, that is your bed.
More chatter.
Uncle Wade: Yes, I see, you don't need to take your clothes out. Yes they are very nice.
Everybody comes downstairs.
EER: You stay with us forever?

No comments:

Post a Comment