Pages

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

The One with the Mini-me


We are in the home stretch... literally. We are coming to the end of the pregnancy and despite the fact that I'm scared to death of having two under two, I'm ready to be done. Thank heavens the summer hasn't been too hot but I'm running out of wardrobe options and I'm sick of snoring. This pregnancy has been different than the last for sure. Matt says not only am I carrying different but I've been more irritable - which I wouldn't argue with. I haven't had a ton of cravings like I did with Eleanor and I haven't swelled nearly as much. I am running out of energy but I'm wanting to nest more than I have in the past and attempting to keep the house in order.


The past couple weeks we've been organizing and just mentally prepping to becoming 4 versus 3. Eleanor has been all about the books lately... she loves to read the same over and over but she's consistently wanting to read and look at pictures... and point and moo at the cows. She worked on her molars as well as had a "Dress like Dad" day. Was a big hit on the social media.



She spent the day with Grandma this past weekend while Matt and I worked on things around the house. They headed up to spend the morning with Great Grandma Dar. In the afternoon, Matt was able to golf while I nested a bit more. He and Eleanor have been playing around the yard but he's been able to get out a little more lately. I thought it was nice to spend some time with my mom doing things I've been wanting to for awhile... vacuuming, washing the floor, organizing, sorting, and getting ready. I don't know if I'm going to be ready but I keep thinking if I can maybe have the house ready I'll be ready! At least we have his nursery ready.

I've been crazy busy at work, which has been impacting the blog. The Workforce conference is coming up, whether I have a baby or not so I've been trying to get things situated to make it as easy as possible for me when I leave. There's so many things to do and I enjoy the conference but I'm scared of all the details I'm going to forget.


best meal: this one's been tough... meals have been a blur lately between trying to eat as a family and just plain getting food on the table! Matt and I did grilled pizzas a couple weeks back and I always love that meal beacuse it's lighthearted and fun for the two of us. Eleanor probably had a ham steak. She's been eating stemmed carrots and cucumbers... so I'll take those veggies as a solid win.

EER in the bathtub
ALR: What do you have?
EER holding two floaty animals
EER: bwah ka go ba ha la yah doh doh wah bah
MJR: Ahh, pig.

On Saturday
Grandma Di: I don't know why you two can't understand her. I think I'm getting all of it.
MJR: Oh, sure, right. We'll just have you translate from now on out.
Grandma Di: Sure, that's no problem, but all she's really been saying while we've been outside today is "I love my Grandma"

No comments:

Post a Comment