Pages

Monday, April 10, 2017

The one with the Walker

It was a beautiful weekend... reminded me that spring may actually be coming. We were super busy... cleaning up outside, cleaning up inside... we got a ton done this weekend.

We started off by Eleanor and I making a trip to the airport to have Matt play hookey - the weather was begging for us to take a walk. We went down to the river. Eleanor has gotten so she loves to ride in the stroller. She chats up the passerbyers, feels the wind in her fingers, kicks her legs... it's all about freedom to see it all. Matt and I did a little jaunt on River Road... the temp was close to 80.

The weekend was a blur of activity. While Matt took on the yard and the patios, I took on some inside work. Making food pouches for Eleanor - the girl will eat her weight in fruit (and carbs) but vegetables are often spit out upon first bite. So I've become the sneaky resourceful mom. I'll puree a ton of veggies and add a little fruit and she'll eat that. Daycare likes to play "Guess what Eleanor is eating"... each day is a struggle to make sure she's eating veggies! I've been creative, last week she had roasted sweet peppers with carrots and applesauce... they said she ate it up like crazy!

We also saw a ton of family this weekend. Michele and Randy came down to take care of some of Eric's stuff and they stopped over to spend some time with Eleanor. We also went out to the farm on Sunday to celebrate Alaina's birthday. I learned something new about my sister... she requested meatloaf and carrot cake... You could have knocked me over as I didn't know some of those were her favorite. Eleanor had a
special meal too, Grandma Di made her veggie pasta.

Probably the big news that everybody has been wowing over is that someone is walking! She's not just taking a few steps here and there... Eleanor is walking the length of a room, standing up herself, and has been pretty full of herself. She does pick and chose who and when she shows off her talent. I can't believe we are a month away from having a 1 year old! Where did my baby go!!!

The big news that Matt is wowing over is that Lola finally caught something. Whether it was a vole or a mouse it was big. Matt wanted me to come outside and look but I didn't know at what... and as I'm trying to look from the top of the deck, into the house she came... live vole and all! AHHHHH!!! I'm sorry I didn't capture that conversation for posterity.

best meal: This is a combination... Michele and Randy took the family out for dinner and I had been craving the blooming onion for weeks, so that scratched that itch (kinda - I could probably go for one now) and then with the dinner that Mom made... that carrot cake with the cream cheese frosting! That really hit the spot.

MJR working on bills. 
MJR: What did you buy at amazon for xx.xx?
ALR: hmmm, I think that was diapers.
MJR: How about for x.xx?
ALR: Oh, a julienne peeler so I can make Sassafras her zucchini noodles. 
MJR: What was your Walmart breakdown? Baby to Grocery ratio?
ALR: Well I bought that clearance packnplay and potty seat... so xx.xx to baby, xx.xx to food.
MJR: Little Caesars!!!
ALR looks down sheepishly.
MJR: I thought we were cutting back?
ALR: I felt sorry for myself.
MJR: Why, what did you have to feel sorry for yourself? You are pregnant, beautiful, have a wonderful husband, wonderful daughter...
ALR: All the other girls in the office had sushi and I had to stay behind.
MJR looks sad: Oh, yeah, okay, I don't blame you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment