Pages

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

The one with the Easter "bug"

So here's what I think my immune system says.
"I feel great, best I've felt all year! I can whip any cold! I'm on top of the world!!"
And here's what I imagine fate said,
"Don't get cocky...here comes the flu"
First Eleanor, then me, then Matt. Yeah! We were like the three bears with our own puke pails. Mine was the only one with a handle.

Aside from being sick, it was a slow week. We didn't do much over the weekend. Eleanor turned 11 months old this past week. So Matt and I mustered up the energy and took those pictures. that is a two person job and leaves us both exhausted. The only consolation is that it's easier to get a smile from her now than it was a couple months ago. I did forget to put her height and weight on the board... she's almost 30 " tall and just over 22 pounds.

What I couldn't convey well on her board was just how busy she is. She's walking
and climbing and moving. This past weekend she discovered a new fun past time. She can crawl up into my rocking chair, on her own. She then will drop items that she loves and reach down and pick them up... these items include blankies, socks, stuffed animals. We don't hold onto them, we just keep dropping them so we can keep picking them up. And boy are we proud of ourselves!

The other thing Matt finally witnessed was the attempt to spring herself from her own crib. She's able to lift a knee and start working her way over the top. She's not good enough to go over, yet.... but it's only a matter of time. To prevent this, we dropped her crib again. I feel like we are delaying the inevitable that is moments away.

Easter was pretty lowkey. with still feeling like crude we didn't go too far from home. We had brunch, Matt worked on the yard, putting new sprinkler line in, which had been damaged by the root structure of one of large trees in the yard. We also went grocery shopping and did a late night (6:30) drive. The Easter bunny came and gave Eleanor some animal fridge magnets, which she loved - which made me happy. She would carry them around and get mad when we put them back on the fridge. She's getting quite the temper on her.

Best meal: Here's the thing... it sucks to be sick... but it's way no fun being sick and pregnant... food doesn't sound good but you think you should be eating but the foods that sound remotely decent does not agree with you body. I wanted chips, salsa, popcorn, and oreos. My body said "You may have two stale saltines."

Watching TV
MJR responds to commercial: What do you mean people don't want to eat fiber? Frosted mini wheats are amazing.
ALR: Do you remember when we were driving early today... and we talked about the golf course and how people that go out right now are just hacking up the course and then do you remember what you said?
MJR: That I need to quit saying things that make me sound old.
ALR: Right...so let's review your comments on fiber.
MJR stares
MJR: What?!! People don't realize what they are missing out with good cereal.
ALR: So, what I think the problem may be is that you don't realize what comments make you sound like an old man.
Silence ensues.
Minutes later, MJR: Ahhh, there's nothing wrong with eating mini wheats.

No comments:

Post a Comment