Pages

Friday, January 6, 2017

The One with the Second Christmas

 We started the new year with the Remynses... ironically second year in a row
we've done that. This time around, we were celebrating Christmas just a week behind. They had done some celebrating themselves last week but this time it was all about Eleanor! Sure we got a few awesome gifts but that kid was the one with the haul! Matt's favorite gift of this season and probably the last 5 is the drone that Eric gave him. Sure he liked the yard tool that his parents got but even I can't compete with a drone and especially the model that Eric splurged for. I know he had more excitement then Eleanor did when she opened her presents. There was also excitement for Randy and Michele as Matt, Eric, and I all went in to get them tickets to a Steelers game... however, we made them work for their present with a two sided puzzle!


The next day I made a big Christmas dinner with Matt's roasted chicken, mashed potato and gravy, scalloped corn, stuffing, lettuce salad with a homemade vinaigrette and finished off with Michele's pies. I was so busy I forgot to get a picture of the spread. The big black cloud of the day was that Randy decided to head back to Lansford that night, instead of staying longer because of the weather. It was probably a good thing he did because the snow dropped down, blanketing us again and making it hard for Matt to find more places for the snow to go.

Michele stayed behind because she was the hero of the week and stayed to be with Eleanor each day while daycare is still in limbo. I'm glad she's able and willing to take and spend the time. Not only did Eleanor enjoy it but it was also nice to not cart her out into the elements and have the same thing for each day that week. I'm hoping we only have one more week of the Eleanor no-daycare shell game but we'll see.

Best meal: I admit I was proud of what Matt and I put together for Christmas.

Eric: See here's what I got you... and you need this remote.
MJR: A DRONE!
MJR: I GOT A FRICKEN DRONE!
Eric: If you wreck it, you have one redo.
MJR looks at ALR and in loud whisper voice: I GOT A DRONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment