Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The one with the Peppercorn

Today we saw the heartbeat... Just shy of 6 weeks, we got to see the blurry mess of the baby that is silently growing. We've gone through the these initial steps before with Eleanor but it still made a catch in my throat to see this tiny peppercorn and it's teeny heart beating away.

Heartbeat was at 91 beats/minute and the doctor stated that all was looking perfect for where we are at in the process. Sounded almost too good to be true! Now is the waiting game to get to week 13.

With this baby, you won't see the same things that you did with
Eleanor... we are going to change it up, just a little. Afterall, with all the name discussion Matt and I had on the first go-around we have a short list narrowed it'll either start with either an E or an A or an H or a G, depending on whether it's a boy or a girl.

Weeks: 6
Size: Black Peppercorn
Favorite thing to wear at this point: leggings and warm boots
Symptoms: extreme irritability, often chilled, heightened sense of smell, trouble sleeping, and tired (may not be baby's fault, may be EER's fault too)
Cravings: water at 2:00am and chicken nuggets

ALR goes to kiss MJR good bye who is still laying in bed and has been listening to her get ready.
MJR: Are you okay?
ALR: It's been a hard morning.

MJR: Is it 7:00 yet?
ALR: Yes and I'm already on my fourth pair of pants and I think they look stupid too.
MJR: I don't think so.
ALR: I had this beautiful window where I was finally squeezing into my old clothes and now I feel like I'm back up the side of the mountain where I start putting things that don't fit into totes. 

**This post was post-dated and released at a later date for reasons determined by ALR/MJR to be published

No comments:

Post a Comment