Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2017

The one with the 8 month old baby

The snow has come, it's piled high. The cold is here. I am struggling with the inbetween of house to car, car to work, car to shopping place, etc. I've upped my prime orderings, I've turned on the fireplace, I've lived in leggings, sweatpants, and fuzzy socks. I don't know why but this winter has creeped into my collar, slunk down my back, and settled into my bones. Temps haven't been in the 20's for awhile and have settled below zero. The city can't keep up with the roads and the sidewalks are nonexistant and the snow has been smashed into the pavement creating for slick conditions. It's a good thing this winter came late, if we'd been dealing with this longer than a month, who knows how it would be going. It actually is reminding me of the winter of 2009 - where I had snowdays and went crazy.

This week has been another shuttle around week with Eleanor. After a slow weekend, where her and I didn't leave the house it sucked to cart and plan her all over the place. This is our last week of doing this. Having daycare return will be so nice.

We set up for someone's 8 month pictures... which has become a 2 person job and is exhausting. It's a good thing she's cute because she wears you down!

Eric and Matt worked really hard this weekend too - I got my last Christmas present. Eric painted my bathrooms. The master was a blue color called respite, the den bathroom was more of a dark brown/gray. I'm excited to get the hardware in and see it all finished! Matt said he'll work on that in the next little bit.

MJR one morning: I think the tiny human is trying to kill us.
ALR: Why do you say that?
MJR: I'm exhausted! Why is she awake so much?
ALR: Well, she's teething, she hurts, and with her runny nose probably doesn't feel very good.
MJR: Well, I don't feel very good.
ALR: That's because you are tired.
MJR: See, killing us.



No comments:

Post a Comment