Pages

Friday, January 20, 2017

The one where Daycare starts again

WE HAVE DAYCARE!!! WE HAVE DAYCARE! IT IS AMAZING!! NOT JUST THE DAYCARE BUT THE VERY IDEA! To all the part time babysitters who gave their time and energy to watch my hot mess redhead, THANK YOU... but I won't lie, I am so relieved to have some normalcy back into my life. I didn't realize how much I missed having a schedule and not having to coordinate and organize. It's nice. It's also nice that for this first week she was so played out she slept solid/like the dead for the first week back!

The other big news is that Eric moved out this past weekend. He has found a place and his parents brought down his stuff and got him and his dog all moved in. Michele invited us over Saturday night to check it out! I don't know who is more excited? Eric or his dog, Chips. They are together!

So with our basement empty and our guest bedroom empty of babysitters, suddenly our life has returned to almost normal... it's almost weird and has taken a little getting used to. Eleanor seems to sink into normalcy pretty easy. She has liked eating with the big kids in her class in the high chairs. She's getting good at pincher food... she's not an expert and she "pocket gophers" quite a bit BUT it's vast improvement. She's eating all sorts of food but has taken an interest in watermelon lately.

Her other big accomplishment is walking with her little push stroller. Matt discovered this skill this past weekend. She's a bit shakey and has tipped over, tripped, and also pulled the walker on herself BUT it does amazing me how fast she's moving and growing up.

Best meal: Huevos rancheros at the Mandan Mexican Gas Station OR Pizza at Fireflour Pizza. We had a holiday and we celebrated the holiday as well as our return to daycare by dropping her off and spending some time together. Yes, we are the world's worst parents.

MJR: What did you want to do today?
ALR: I don't even know. I'm exhausted. I want to eat, I want to sleep, I want to not worry. 
MJR: I don't think you can be a 22 year old college kid again. 
ALR: It feels like I am, just not hung over from booze but from a little being.

No comments:

Post a Comment