Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Travail (trav eyl)

We celebrated Len's second big holiday (Father's Day was her first). After a couple busy weekends, we decided it was time to take this weekend slow which involved no real plans aside from sleeping in. We did bring the camper home so we could give it a good cleaning and start planning some outings.

On the 4th, we headed over to Mandan to do a walk through Art in the Park. It
was a hot one, coming in at 93 degrees. We enjoyed a little food, took in the sights and decided to take the fun home. We picked up a baby pool and some swimmers diapers on the way home and had a full blown rookie parent mistake as we wanted to plan in the pool, the three of us but because we waited too long to fill it, we never got the temperature warm enough to take Len in. Matt did crawl in and I dipped my toes but we now know to plan a bit better. We capped the night off with having my mom over for dinner and discussion on the patio. Was a nice holiday.

That wasn't the only big thing that happened this week. I went back to work from maternity leave - which I was not ready for and did not want to do. Don't get me wrong, I like my job, I like where I work, I like my boss, but I wasn't ready to admit that I have an 8 week old baby and the maternity leave that I had so many plans for was actually over. I liked our little "routine" that Len and I had. I'm not kidding myself in thinking it was a routine but there was a semblance of normalcy in our daily activities. I am lucky in that she's not going to daycare full time right away, she'll instead come to work with me until she's 6 months old. That will make things a bit easier but it's still a reminder that our baby is growing up. Oh, and we won't mention the box of clothes that she's already outgrown that I had to box up... if I didn't need the mental reminder, I also got a physical one too!

Best meal: In a rare moment where someone was napping, we made grilled semolina pizzas. We also used infused oils that Michele had found us to make them even better!

ALR bring EER into bedroom. She is in a good mood and chatty.
EER: inaudible coos
ALR: You slept really well last night!
EER: inaudible coos
ALR: Now, could we just move the sleep just a little back so you sleep through the night. Can you do that for mom and dad?
EER: Yeah (clear as day)
ALR eyes fly up to MJR: Did you hear that?
MJR: You know it doesn't count.

No comments:

Post a Comment