Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Sentiment (sen tuh muh nt)

It was a long week, or at least that's how last week felt to me. We had to go to work every single day, ugh. Yes, it was only half days, but still, every single day. Both Len and I are starting to adjust to the work world a bit - I'm sure we both like it about the same too though. We really did live for the weekend.

On Saturday, we took a drive east to see Aunt Janice. She was recently diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer and has surgery planned for the coming week. We wanted to take some time to see how she was and show a little love. It was such a nice day, aside from the driving. We caught up, as best as possible, and she got to spend a little time with Eleanor. Made my heart happy to see them together.

That night we drove back and stopped in on Brendan and Claudia, who were camping in Bismarck. We also spent part of Sunday with them too. Matt took them down to the lake and they went fishing. It was a catch and release type of fishing but I'm glad all the boys enjoyed the fun.

Best meal: We've had a few things from our garden. Our first was the zucchini. Matt put two zucchini plants in a pot, despite my mild protests. I said, I don't think they'll grow in there. I was tickled pink when the plant produced. We grilled it up on Friday night with our pork chops.

Another harvest that we enjoyed was my lettuce crop. I love the cream and vinegar dressing on fresh greens. My lettuce came in spotty this year (we have a plan for next year) but we decided to harvest the crop to serve it alongside BLTs.

ALR to EER: Okay, I have to put you in your carseat.
EER squaks in protest.
ALR: I know, I know. I don't wannah go to work either. Dad is making us.
in the background, MJR: Do you want a house?

No comments:

Post a Comment