Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Predilection (pred-l ek shun)

You are looking at a 33 week old baby bump. What you don't see is all the little shifts and moves she's been making. I feel like I'm small house with attached garage size. I will admit I'm feeling good and at our appointment all things were looking good too. Her heatbeat was 150-which is what it's been at consistently. My least favorite part of the day is getting dressed. Nothing is fitting the way I think it could - only my earrings. I've now taken to wearing vacation pants and I've discovered something. If I would have worn these at work pre-pregnancy, I wouldn't have been positively regarded. Now house-sized, I got a lot of compliments. When I run out of options and end up wearing our king-sized sheets like a toga party, I hope the "cute bump" feeling still exists.
Was a three day weekend. We got some stuff done around the house that I've been wishing and hoping for. Matt put the baseboard up in the kitchen and despite him hoping for the white, he did go with my chocolate look. We can officially say the floor is finished.

We also can officially say GOOD-BYE! to the ugly wood light that hung over the kitchen counter. We found the one we'd been wanting for a great price. We picked one up and will be slowly making changes/updates to the other ones. I'm so happy with the subtle changes in opening up the space and giving more light. Matt did most of the work. I helped where I could.  
It was a big hockey weekend at our house. The UND Sioux hockey was in a couple do or die games. I'm about hockeyed out for the season but I was glad to see them win as Matt really wants them to have a good run at the Frozen Four. So he watched and boo'd and cheer'd and I sewed some things for the baby. Nothing too much but I was excited to make burp clothes. I had done these for Tiff's baby and was happy to do it for ours.

On Sunday, we celebrated Easter... here's the thing about the celebration. At one point I looked around the table at my grandparents, my parents, my sister, and my in-laws and realized how lucky I was that everyone was there. Matt and I didn't have to chose sides and it was wonderful. We got to see them all - Not only are we lucky in being able to share the day with both sides but it really warmed my heart that my daughter will have so many opportunities to see and share her life with people that love her. 
 It's good to see the bantering and share the meal. I believe my Dad and Michele even picked out where they are going to build their lake cabin. Ha!

Best meal: Easter dinner.... my mother made creamed chicken for me but we also had mashed potatoes, vegetables, salad, bread, deviled eggs, and angel food cake (G. Elaine style) for dessert! AND then we got to take the extra spinach dip home to enjoy! It's like the Easter that keeps on giving!

Name of the week: Stella
Cravings: Tacos, milk
Pregnancy Symptoms: Swelling (we went and bought compression socks), clumsiness, lack of energy, tiredness, inability to sleep, crazy dreams

Michele walks in front door: You aren't nearly as big as I thought.
ALR: Um, thanks, I think.

Michele: Well, you don't put a picture up and I thought you'd be way out there.
ALR: Don't you think I am?
Michele: No! What a disappointment.

ALR: UM, I'm sorry?
Michele: Judy's gonna be pissed, she was hoping you'd be as big as a moose.
ALR: Well I'm not done growing.
Michele: Well, you better get going, we were huge.

No comments:

Post a Comment