Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Burgeon (bur juhN)

Okay, we have made "big" headway in the pregnancy. We are at the stage where I'm a decent sized house and I can no longer wear socks (and most of my shoes). I've also lost my ankles. They were here a couple days ago and then one day I looked down, they were gone. It also appears that I've made a ledge in my lap. I'm assuming it has plans to become a table.

It was the weak after the time change, and I drug all week.
On Tuesday, we were lucky to celebrate our friend, Jon's birthday. He and Kim were in town for work related stuff but we had a great night at the Bistro. They are such a fun couple for us because of the connections with the airport, hunting, traveling, fishing, etc. We always have time fly by with them.


An uplifting part of the week included me sending Matt to a garage sale selling baby items. I will admit when he doesn't speak the language, it's hard to describe what I want him to look for. He did show up with a bouncer seat, activity jumper seat, a floor mat, and a bottle cleaner. He didn't know what any of these items were but he did have a support team with him to point out what he needed and what he didn't.

The weekend started the best way possible, with pizza. I pushed Matt to make a new pizza, cheeseburger. I would say it turned out pretty well. I have looked forward to the weekend or should I say, sleep-in days. Matt went on morning fish trips, I organized the house and listened to Lola scream to be let outside. I did end up going for a drive with him looking for river fishing holes.
Best meal: Jon's birthday meal at Bistro with caprese salad to start and bananas flambe to finish it up.

Name of the week: Eila
Cravings: tacos and nibs & starburst (for the texture)
Pregnancy symptoms: swelling/water retention, dysgeusia, tiredness, indigestion, hugeness

MJR looking at ALR get ready for bed.
ALR: What?
MJR: I just didn't realize how big you've gotten.
ALR stares at him.
MJR continue to look.
ALR: If that's your attempt to make me feel good about myself it's not helping.
MJR: No, you look good, I just really hadn't looked. 
MJR continues to look.
ALR: Did you think I was joking when I said I think I doubled in size this past weekend? Like bread dough.
ALR shuts door on MJR.
Next morning, ALR kisses MJR goodbye.
MJR: you are doing a really good job of housing our daughter.
ALR: thanks, her lease is about up.

No comments:

Post a Comment