Pages

Monday, March 7, 2016

Incalescent (in-kuh-les-uh nt)

Well, we are at that part of the pregnancy where I'm medium house sized. Nothing fits. I mean nothing. Socks are too tight, shoes hurt, pants all have an elastic component. Each day dressing for work is a battle of spirit and I'm becoming broken. I still have two months to go but I keep thinking that work will not be impressed when I show up in that last month wearing our king sized bed sheets and a tarp strap.

I also grunt a lot. I grunt when I sit up, get up, reach down, pick things up, or even sit down. I can feel my joints loosening and shifting and I'm actually having a hard time remembering what it was like to not be pregnant. And I have an incredible thirst, especially in the morning. I could almost drink 24 oz before I even crawl out of bed in the morning. This may be contributing factor to my constant trips to the bathroom.

We are still working on the nursery. Matt and I got pictures hung, the crib dressed, the mobile put together, the room situated a bit more. I still have some items on my list but I feel great about how it's coming together. We don't have a theme but I like the look. I even got to pull out my nursery scentsy warmer that I had bought awhile back to save for the possibility.

Nice weekend, aside from decorating, Matt also persuaded me to join him on his fishing excursion since the temps were well in the 50s on day and the 70s the next. Hard to believe it's March! While he didn't catch anything this go around, it was good to see him enjoying the sun.

UMAS also started on Sunday. I always like going to these with Matt - the aviation world is pretty tight and it's a social event for me.

Beat Meal: We had shredded beef sandwiches with coleslaw. Wasn't anything out of this world but really hit the spot!



Name of the week: Nell
Cravings: sweets after meals, Mexican (salsa, tacos)
Pregnancy symptoms: In-De-Gest-TION from everything (bagels, yogurt, salad), knee/joint pain, swelling, frequent bathroom breaks, and the weird dreams continue

ALR and MJR having supper.
ALR: There was things I tried to call you about today.
MJR: Well, I was busy.
ALR: What's going to happen when I go into labor? How am I going to get a hold of you?
MJR: Well, that's different.
ALR: How will you know? Does labor rings sound different?
The next day... over text.
MJR texts: Going into a meeting for next 2-2.5 hours. Text if you go into labor
ALR texts: YOU ARE NOT FUNNY.
ALR texts: NOW I'M NOT GOING TO TELL YOU.
MJR texts: Oh ok.
MJR texts: When she comes out tell her I love her.
ALR texts: I'll just show her your text.

No comments:

Post a Comment