Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Watching in the Winter.

After another week full of inspections, we had a great weekend with friends and family.
 
We started it with a committee meeting for the DRFD Christmas party and then had Kay and Jess and their kids over for supper. We enjoy them as a couple and their kids are a hoot. Their son, Chayden, informed us that we “have a nice place here, but where’s our couch?” He also commented on how crowded our fridge is and pointed out that we have the same couch (in the den) as they have. Matt thought I should tell him that we stole it and when he goes home, it won’t be there, I couldn’t lie to him.

Matt’s fun didn’t end as Matt agreed to take Chayden to Jess’s hockey game that night. The next morning, I asked Matt what they talked about, his response: “You name it!” It was Matt’s first babysitting experience since he was a kid, we’ll consider it a success.
The next day, we headed home to help Matt’s parents install cameras at my parents’ place for calving. Actually it was more of Matt helping Randy as us women did not participate in the install activity. Holy crap did they work! It was a 10 hour ordeal. We were feeling bad for them working in the cold temperature. They should be proud of what they put together though. It looks so good!! Dad is pretty excited to start calving with this additional help. He found his blind spots in the barn with our help too. We even left him one of Matt and I’s tablets and mom said he’s was looking at it and using it Sunday night after we left. I always wondered what would get my father more technology advanced!
 
The only disappointment of the weekend was that Randy was expecting a rib dinner and because of the cold, Matt couldn’t deliver. What a bummer. We’ll make right on it soon. Promise!
 
Best meal: Cherry Marlowe (a dessert right out of my grandma’s book) and Potato soup. I know it’s not Matt’s favorite, but it’s still what I think of with home cooking!
MJR comes into the bedroom chewing gum.
ALR looks up from her book: Do you always chew gum that loud?
MJR: I don’t know what you are talking about.
ALR: It’s so loud.
MJR: I don’t think so.
ALR: Do you hear yourself? Are you trying to kill it?
MJR: I always chew like this.
ALR: You sound like an old cow.
2 minutes later
ALR: Maybe you can’t hear yourself. Let me record it. Maybe that will help.
MJR: I don’t see why we need to do this.
ALR: Quit talking, you are ruining the recording, just chew like you have been.
MJR: I’m trying to extract all the flavor, what’s the big deal?
ALR: It’s so loud, I can’t read. Now chew, you keep making me restart the recording.

1 comment:

  1. who the hell wears suspenders? Old man Randy apparently!!!

    ReplyDelete