Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Camping Catch-Up

So now that I’ve recovered from the terrible camping weather, I’m back to the weekend. Today was a great day. Woke up next to my favorite man, who was in town to pick up his brand new pickup. We’ve been looking for quite some time. I say “we” because I’ve driven through more car lots looking for white short box Ford quad cars than I care to admit. The smile on his face was worth the hunt today. I know that he knows what he likes and goes after it but sometimes I wish he wasn’t just so particular! He took me for a quick ride before he took off to Dickinson.

I’ve been having fun with cars lately too. I’ve had battery problems for years now, it’s been a real pain in the butt, but I’ve gotten pretty good at operated a battery charger. Now I’m having all sorts of fun with body modules, fuse boxes, batteries, coded security keys, car starters, and more. I’m hoping to have this problem figured out soon, but we’ll see. The last step in this diagnosis was cutting out my car starter, not what a girl likes to see but I’d rather see that then this car keep draining batteries and making me late for work!

I didn’t have to deal with cars today but was able to spend time with mom this afternoon. We took in Target and Big Lots, had some time to visit and problem solve some space issues with the condo. It was a great time and it’s days like this that make me glad to be a bit closer to home, despite being so far from Matt. I guess you could say I got the best of both worlds today.

The afternoon fun was made possible because we are officially on summer hours at work. We start the day at 7:30, take a half hour lunch and leave at 5. On Friday, we go from 8 to 12, giving us a bit longer weekend. It feels great!

I’m spending the first weekend in the condo. With June hitting and our schedules picking up, I decided to stay here since Matt’s got a busy work weekend. He’ll pick me up on Thursday for a wedding that he’s a groomsman in Minot and we’ll stay up there until Sunday. The week after we take off for Chicago, I think both of us feel like it’s not real yet. I haven’t done enough research yet…best get crackin!

Best Meal: I've got to brag about my Campurritos...camping + burritos. I found a recipe on pinterest, they are pretty simple: eggs, sausage, onions, seasonings, in a burrito. I was so happy with how they turned out for trip out. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but Toot, toot!

"That's great advertising when you can turn Chicago into a city you'd want to spend more than three hours in."- Jerry Della Femina

No comments:

Post a Comment