Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Working my Way to Weekends.

So the winter may have started. The temps have been dropping a bit this week and I had to even shovel the driveway, again. I’m hoping for a hold off for a bit more but we’ll see.

This week was busy, a trip to Minot for work, client meeting setups, and such. The week did end work related as it was the company Christmas party. It was pretty low-key but my date was cute and I won a gift certificate to Applebee’s.
Matt not only experienced the party, but during the weekend, he had two wonderful breakfasts made for him, bought himself a Kindle fire, and was able to experience his first bull “shaving”.

I’ve been working with Dad to get the bulls ready for the Bull Day showcases in Dickinson and Bismarck. We clipped about 10 bulls and even spent an afternoon washing them. A haircut really does make them look nice but it comes with a face full of little hairs and the smell of a barn. Dad even got himself a fancy new clipper to keep up with me!

Meal of the week: Mom’s potato soup. It’s always my go-to comfort food. This wasn’t a one-meal thing as I had leftovers too!

"There's nothing like sitting back and talking to your cows."-Russell Crowe

No comments:

Post a Comment