Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Weather and Weekends

Let’s start out by stating that we have had record-breaking weather. The temps have been beautiful, I’ve worn my fall jacket, and I haven’t had to shovel. It was in the 50’s in January. I’m getting spoiled and the longer we can keep a hold of this, the longer we can go without the horrid things that winter brings.

The first week of the year was pretty good, it was a short week at work and I like that. I spent a few night at my parents house clipping bulls for them to take to the Bull Showcases in Dickinson and Bismarck. We have a few done but need to get a few more taken care of. I’m glad that I can help Dad, they always look so nice after they get a shave.

Matt came to Bismarck this past weekend. We celebrated Christmas with my parents over appetizers, supper, and games. It was a nice evening of fun and some wine! On Saturday, we had some errands and things that needed to be taken care of, but at night I went out with some girls from work for a 30th birthday party. The night was fun. I do have to given credit to my amazing boyfriend who picked me up, ensured I had food and aspirins, and took care to tuck me into bed. I think he had a few laughs along the way. I’ve already seen a reenactment or two of the night, I’m sure he won’t be quick to forget.

Matt did have a busy week with the fire hall. Not only did he have an early Friday morning rescue but he also was elected to be a captain and the safety officer. I’m not surprised that chose him. He’ll have to carry a radio now and notify when he’s leaving town so I’m sure the guys will be paying attention to that!

One thing that we finally got to do was go to “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” in theaters. We’ve been reading the series. I just started the third book, and he’s reading the second. As usual the book was better than the movie but it was interesting to see the portrayal and gave us things to compare and discuss. I’ll be interested to see how the others are interlaced, especially as they started going into things from the second book during the movie.

Meal of the week: Sunday nights: Barbeque pork sandwich with steamed vegetables and homemade cheese bites. (I found the recipe, Matt cooked them. I did make the rest of the meal though)

“Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a serious problem.” ―Stieg Larsson, "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"

No comments:

Post a Comment