Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Scene from our "Romance"

Adventures with a Spider
Setting: the Bathroom

Scene 1:
ALM: AHHH! YOU get in here and kill this.
MJR: it’s just a little spider.
ALM: It waved at me.
MJR’s first miss at killing the spider.

Scene 2:
An hour later
ALM: He’s back…I’m serious, get in here.
MJR: I don’t know why you are making such a big deal out of this.
ALM: Because…and you are suppose to protect me.
MJR: He’s a spider…I named him Joey, he’s been here all summer!
ALM: If you want me here all winter, you will kill him.
MJR’s second serious attempt resulting in an undead spider.

Scene 3:
The next morning
MJR: Is that him?
ALM: Yes, that’s him…Just kill him.
MJR: I don’t know if I can, he’s eluded me twice now.
ALM: It’s a wonder you even shot your deer.
MJR transports “Joey” to the sink and washes him down.ALM: Did you kill him?
MJR: You watched me wash him down the drain.
ALM: He better not come crawling back up.

Scene 3.2
10 minutes later
MJR is brushing teeth, ALM is straightening hair
MJR: That’s interesting (staring at the sink)
ALM: I TOLD YOU that this was GOING to HAPPEN. You just kill him.
MJR: I didn’t think he’d come back. There, he crunched this time, would you like to verify and examine his corpse?
ALM: No, EWWW.

This discussion has given me two thoughts, Matt is very compassionate OR Matt is not a good spider-killer and I need to buy Raid.

Editor’s note: This was one of the biggest spiders I’ve ever seen out of a barn.

"The guy has to kill the spider and get the dead mouse outta the pool." -Leah Remini

No comments:

Post a Comment