Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

"I hope you don't mind that I put down in words"

Well, I can cross another thing off my list!! I officially saw Elton John in concert. One of my biggest regrets was not seeing him and Billy Joel in Fargo for the Face To Face tour but I made it right this time. Our seats weren’t bad…they weren’t great though! We were in row U, which is the top of the civic center and looked right down on him and the grand piano. Starting the concert with "Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding" he sang some well-known songs, “Benny and the Jets,” “Rocketman,” “Tiny Dancer,” “Candle in the Wind,” “Crocodile Rock,” “Take Me To The Pilot” but he also sang some of his new ones off of Union. I was able to take my Aunt Grace. We tried to crash the stage but some guy in a yellow shirt and a power trip kicked us back. We did get down there later on…What a great show. He ended it with “Your Song” and it really took me there.

Work has been interesting. Bush has begun to entertain talks about future funding. They are interested in an oil/energy impacting grant. We’ll see where it goes as we only have a verbal confirmation right now but it’s much more hopeful now than it’s ever been. Julie, my secretary, had her last day last Friday. I don’t blame her for looking for a new opportunity as it’s been so hard to wait and be unclear about a future.

I took a quick trip home to celebrate Alaina’s 19th birthday. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings and then did a little shopping. I know her and I are nothing alike and that’s okay…but sometimes it makes me share my head and laugh at just how different we are.

Dating/Boys have been interesting too lately. Mel and I met up with the guys we met a couple weeks ago last Wednesday. I also went out with a guy I’ve known for a while…I’m not getting too serious as I don’t need to be right now. Time will take care of me and the universe will continue to push me into places and I will be where I’m supposed to. OR at least, that’s what I keep telling myself. Ha!

Meanwhile, I can see 95% of my yard and have hopes that the snow may be done for the year. I hope I didn’t jinx it. I’m not putting my snowblower away anytime soon, that’s for sure.

"In this bright future you can't forget your past.”—Bob Marley

No comments:

Post a Comment