Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Little and Big Changes

It’s been a long short week.....
It all started off on Sunday with Aubrey and I painting....I decided to paint the bathroom and the hallway as I needed a project. So we got a gallon of creamy pebble and a quart of charcoal sketch. I had a little help on Monday, Shantelle came over and helped out but Aubrey was the superstar that finished it off. I can’t believe how good that girl is at trim. I hadn’t realized that there were 4 colors in the bathroom. Dark brown, peachish, white, and light brown....seriously, Amanda, what were you thinking? I also covered up the green in the hallway, another what-were-you-thinking moment.

I got sick this week too...I hate being sick. I took a day and a half off of work to recover...that sucked. I’m still recovering. I think I blow my nose like it’s my job.

I also spent some time in Bismarck with the family....my parents make me laugh. My mother made my favorite potato soup and fry bread and my dad ate a bunch of them.

I heard news today that has upset me....Mel is taking a job in Rocksprings, Wyoming, and is moving there. I hate to see her go. I will miss her terribly and I can’t imagine this house with just me and the cats. The thought of it makes me want to cry. It will be a year in May that we’ve lived together and we’ve made a ton of memories....we had so much fun and talks and tears and I feel like I’m losing one of my best friends.

Also Summer happened on Monday and we are back into winter. We got 2 little hits this week and are expecting another storm this week.

“In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.” –Albert Schweitzer

No comments:

Post a Comment