Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2009

TonyDanza!

The story of TonyDanza is not that long, but he has been the best roommate I've ever had (sorry Daniel!). TonyDanza is originally from the Minot Area. I had just moved at the beginning of December over 2 years ago and my new landlord/roommate had said that I could get a cat.

When he got to the house he was so scared. He just hid, I was worried that he was going to be too wild and I had made a mistake. He was so little it was easy to barricade him out of corners…he couldn’t even jump over the Christmas tree box!

His name was not the most obvious first pick. I wanted to name him Hamlet, my roommate said it was a lame name(obviously not a Shakespeare fan… “Something’s rotten in the state of creativity!). The only name my roommate came up with was Skitz, because he’d run from one side of the room to the other and up and down the stairs very quickly. I didn’t blame him, after being stuck in that window box for so long, I would want to run all over too! So ‘Skitz’ never had a chance.

He went nameless for about a week. I felt bad…we kept calling him Kitty…and I was scared that was going to stick! One of my favorite shows is “Gilmore Girls” and Lorelei, the main character, gets a dog and calls him PaulAnka. I thought this was hilarious, I guess it’s the Moser sense of humor! It is even better because I’ve met the real Paul Anka, he’s a very very short man with 7 or so daughters and they all have A names, one is Amanda even! TonyDanza’s name was kind of accidental. I came home and sat down and he tried to climb on my lap. I instantly knew who the boss was and then the epiphany came…TONYDANZA!

It fits well and he seems to like it…Some people call him Tony for short, not me though. Dan will sometimes call him T.D. or the Danza, what can I say…male bonding! He has won over Dan’s heart and is quick to love anyone that comes in the door! After all, not many kitties are acclaimed and practiced fetchers! He is better at catch and release than some dogs! I did laugh this past weekend, Kim and Jack Hayes were over and TonyDanza was carrying his mouse all over. Kim laughed and said, “Is he always with a mouse?” I explained that he was waiting for her to throw it and will keep following until he does. She picked it up and tossed it 4 feet, he actually looked at her and I could tell by his expression he was saying, “Are you kidding, Lady” I picked up the mouse and hurled it across the room. This caused him to go across the room after it!
He’s quite the cat and I wouldn’t trade him for anything…I am in the process of convincing Dan that maybe a second cat would be a wonderful idea…but I’m not holding my breath.

I think that little beast purring on my lap right now wouldn’t mind…it’s like he knows I’m talking about him!
**ALM

1 comment:

  1. I miss my TonyDanza. Snuggles to my sweetie.
    Auntie Gracie

    ReplyDelete